Top 55 Amazing Finance Quotes Vol.04


1. Well, first let me say that I think health care reform is important. It has to be a priority. And our system is broken. The Finance Committee bill is the best effort yet, due in large measure to the efforts of my colleague, Olympia Snowe, but it's not there yet. It falls short. - Susan Collins 

2. Believe it or not, there are some things that I have written that would be kind of a dream to make. Hopefully, I will get to finance them... There is something that I wrote called 'Demon's Flare' which would kind of be a dream come true. - Steven Seagal 

3. My issue with campaign finance is 100 percent disclosure. Wear a suit with patches from your big contributors. Depending on the size of the contribution, that's how big the patch should be. - Gary Johnson 

4. One of the things that's great about New York is that it is not a one-industry town. It has education, academia, the service industry, arts, publishing, theater, politics, fashion, finance, as well as movie-making. - Sarah Jessica Parker 

5. 'Savage Inequalities' was about school finance, and 'Amazing Grace' primarily dealt with medical and social injustices in New York. But with 'Ordinary Resurrections,' I had no predetermined agenda. When I met with the children, I was not in pursuit of any line of thinking. In our conversations, I let them lead me where they wanted to go. - Jonathan Kozol 

6. If it isn't the sheriff, it's the finance company; I've got more attachments on me than a vacuum cleaner. - John Barrymore 

7. I worked with a group of people who argued day and night - professors, officials, the Minister of Finance - but there were decisions that I had to make. - Shimon Peres 

8. I gladly, I voluntarily gave up the kind of commercial film career I had going as soon as I had enough money to finance my own films. - Francis Ford Coppola

9. As the Executive Chairman of 'Breitbart News' with a long run in business and finance, I can tell you, it's hard to run a company that is infinitesimally smaller than Fox; it takes a steady and experienced hand. - Steve Bannon 

10. The monarchy is foremost a business, and it's important to them that the British public continue to finance the excessive luxurious lifestyles of the now quite enormous, wasteful and useless 'royal' family. I find it very sad. - Morrissey 

11. I tend to split my activities into fun, income and legacy. The number of things in that finance bucket is pretty few and far between and doesn't consume much time at all. - Tim Ferriss 

12. The massive debt we have racked up to finance our wasteful government is pulling down growth today. Gross debt over 90 percent of GDP weakens growth now. Not tomorrow - now. - Jeff Sessions 

13. If the need for comprehensive campaign finance reform was not already clear, the Supreme Court ruling in Citizens United permitting unlimited corporate and union spending in campaigns certainly made it so in 2010. - Alan K. Simpson 

14. Portfolio investment, often called 'hot money' because of its volatile nature, can increase the economy's vulnerability to the vagaries of international finance. Foreign direct investment, on the other hand, is far more stable and driven by domestic fundamentals. - Gita Gopinath 

15. When I was doing my bachelors from Delhi University, India experienced its first major external financing and currency crisis in 1990-91. This inspired me to pursue graduate work in economics and was the foundation for my interest in international finance. - Gita Gopinath 

16. As much as you need to know your operations, if you don't understand the finance side and how to do the business, you're never going to be successful. So you might be the best operator or visionary, but if you don't understand the finance side... I'm successful because I know the finance side, but I also know operations; it's not an accident. - Tilman J. Fertitta 

17. I know how to finance something. It's easier today because, as you're more successful, everybody wants to do deals with you. But even in the beginning, when I took Landry's public, I owned 100 percent of it. I never had investors or anything. I was just always able to find a way to do it. - Tilman J. Fertitta 

18. Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger. - Mario Puzo 

19. There are so many people that would be lined up to get their cut that even trying to finance a reboot of 'Frasier' would be nightmarish. - Kelsey Grammer 

20. I admired the way McCain worked on campaign finance reform. I admired the way Nancy Pelosi stiffened the Democrats' spine during the health care debate. I admire the way Barack Obama has raised a dog in the White House without ever putting it on the roof of the car for a vacation drive. - Gail Collins 

21. Yahoo is in everything from pets to old people to finance to communications to e-commerce and more, and I really thrive on that. - Jerry Yang 

22. I am particularly pleased to see that the Bendheim Center for Finance is thriving. - Ben Bernanke 

23. You want to put out a TV show? If you have the money to do it on your own, by yourself, and you have a TV network, you can do it by yourself. But the nature of the beast is, art needs finance. That's how this industry works. So until the Internet becomes our source of entertainment - and watch it, I believe it will - this is how things go. - Nathan Fillion 

24. The art and culture that is New York, communications, finance, all these things help make up New York. The rest of the country should be happy that we are what we are. - David Dinkins 

25. When people finance a movie, they have their own ideas and have things they want to change. - Lulu Wang 

26. America's sanctions policy is largely consistent and, in a certain sense, admirable. By applying economic restraints, we label the most oppressive and dangerous governments in the world pariahs. We wash our hands of evil, declining to help despots finance their depredations, even at a cost to ourselves of some economic growth. - Jacob Weisberg 

27. If you want to fight the evil you see in finance and industry, get to work reading the corporate filings, see if there has been fraud, and where you find it, report it to the SEC or write about it or blog about it. - Ben Stein 

28. I don't really consider myself to be a personal finance expert compared with some others. There are quite a few that know a lot more than I do. - Ben Stein 

29. As long as we, in the United States, continue to insist that our politicians have to spend all of their time raising millions of dollars for television ads, it will be corrupt. If we leave it up to the politicians to clean up lobbying and finance reform, nothing is going to change. - Kevin Spacey 

30. In the finance world, we used to spend all of our time looking backwards, reporting on what happened. Can I book it? What are the numbers? Now it's about looking into the future. It's about planning and integration. The role of finance is now that of a partner in the business. - Safra A. Catz 

31. My mother works in a bank, and my dad is the head of my management team and also works in finance. - Henry Cavill 

32. Finance is not merely about making money. It's about achieving our deep goals and protecting the fruits of our labor. It's about stewardship and, therefore, about achieving the good society. - Robert J. Shiller 

33. No single housing finance institution should be too big to fail. - Jerome Powell 

34. The Federal Reserve is not charged with designing or evaluating proposals for housing finance reform. But we are responsible for regulating and supervising banking institutions to ensure their safety and soundness, and more broadly for the stability of the financial system. - Jerome Powell 

35. The Fed's organization reflects a long-standing desire in American history to ensure that power over our nation's monetary policy and financial system is not concentrated in a few hands, whether in Washington or in high finance or in any single group or constituency. - Jerome Powell 

36. You have venture capitalists. We view them as experts who also help finance your company and give directions and also some pretty candid discussions about what you have to do better. - John T. Chambers 

37. I wasn't always interested in technology. I had been a student for a long time - I'd earned a bachelor's degree, a law degree, and an MBA - and decided that I wanted to work in a large corporation, focusing on finance and law, in either New York or Chicago. - John T. Chambers 

38. At Cisco, we are moving to collaboration teams, groups coming together that represent sales, engineering, finance, legal, etc. And we're training leaders to think across silos. - John T. Chambers 

39. When you walk into a room and you're asking someone to give you money to finance an idea, that's never easy. - La La Anthony 

40. In constant pursuit of money to finance campaigns, the political system is simply unable to function. Its deliberative powers are paralyzed. - John Rawls 

41. There is a time for weighing evidence and a time for acting. And if there's one thing I've learned throughout my work in finance, government, and conservation, it is to act before problems become too big to manage. - Henry Paulson 

42. It is important that China stop its over-reliance on municipal debt to finance infrastructure. I take comfort in the fact that China's leaders understand this. - Henry Paulson 

43. In the past, liberals have competed to see who could shout the loudest to shut down the banks, ridicule success, and penalize anyone working in finance. In fact, the Occupy Wall Street movement was an aggressive liberal effort to shut down Wall Street banks. - Richard Grenell 

44. The U.N. and other international bodies, along with wealthier nations, could manage the unavoidable migration from poorer countries if there were greater focus on stopping the larger chaos created by leaders who finance and support terrorism in the name of Islam. - Richard Grenell 

45. If you're going into finance, you might be dealing with a lot of sexism and a lot of alpha behavior. How are you going to deal with that? How are you going to feel powerful and comfortable with being who you are? - Amy Cuddy 

46. Canadians know that the promise of a recession didn't happen because of anything we did here. If you look at all the causes of the recession, problems in mortgage markets, the problems in the banking sector, the problems in government finance in countries like Greece, none of those problems were in present Canada. - Stephen Harper 

47. Without industry, finance and government consciously and collaboratively ensuring that capital flows to where it is needed in order to ensure the scaling up of climate change solutions, whatever deal is agreed risks never being realized. - Noreena Hertz 

48. As a trusted institution with brick-and-mortar facilities in every corner of the United States, our public Postal Service is uniquely positioned to serve as a communications, finance, and service hub for the 21st century. - Marcia Fudge 

49. When I was a teenager, the most valuable American companies were in finance and manufacturing. - Brianna Wu 

50. There's been a myth perpetuated where people think, 'I need to go into consulting, banking, finance, law, or medicine to make a consistently reasonable amount of money.' People are now realizing that's not the case. - Fred Ehrsam 

51. I am all for trying to teach household finance in schools, starting as early as possible. And when it comes to high school, I think learning about compound interest is at least as important as trigonometry or memorizing the names of all 50 state capitals. - Richard Thaler 

52. It's hard to have any idea of how much money is enough to finance an appropriate lifestyle in retirement. But if a lump sum is translated into a monthly income, it's much easier to determine whether you have enough put away to afford to stop working. - Richard Thaler 

53. The math you need for most of finance is ninth-grade algebra, and most people feel reasonably comfortable with that. But I think the financial world there has been - I don't know if it's by design, or this is how it's evolved - there are bad actors who have wanted to obfuscate because you can benefit from the lack of transparency. - Sal Khan 

54. I turn up in Los Angeles every now and then, so I can get some big money films in order to finance my smaller money films. - John Hurt 

55. In the business world, we can point to instances when a lack of integrity has bankrupted entire companies - in sectors as different as finance, telecommunications, manufacturing, and energy. - Rex Tillerson

Post a Comment

0 Comments