Top 100 Amazing Family Quotes Vol.04


1. Every family should have the right to spend their money, after tax, as they wish, and not as the government dictates. Let us extend choice, extend the will to choose and the chance to choose. - Margaret Thatcher 

2. As the mayor of South Bend, Indiana, I see on a daily basis the impact of politics and policy on my family, neighbors, friends, and residents. - Pete Buttigieg 

3. Experiences with friends or family members coming out have helped millions of Americans to see past stereotypes and better understand what being gay is - and is not. - Pete Buttigieg 

4. As we see dislocation and disruption in certain parts of the country, from rural areas to my home in the industrial Midwest, and in the economy, this leads to a kind of disorientation and loss of community and identity. That void can be filled through constructive and positive things, like community involvement or family. - Pete Buttigieg 

5. No one calls me Belcalis except for my family, my mother, and my daddy. - Cardi B 

6. I need to make money for my family and my future family. I'm not a YOLO person. - Cardi B 

7. I am just happy to be part of the Nike family. - LeBron James 

8. You know, my family and friends have never been yes-men: 'Yes, you're doing the right thing, you're always right.' No, they tell me when I'm wrong, and that's why I've been able to stay who I am and stay humble. - LeBron James 

9. Basketball is my passion, I love it. But my family and friends mean everything to me. That's what's important. I need my phone so I can keep in contact with them at all times. - LeBron James 

10. My mother graduated from high school at 15 and went to work to support the family because the eldest son went to college. - Ruth Bader Ginsburg 

11. My family has very strong women. My mother never laughed at my dream of Africa, even though everyone else did because we didn't have any money, because Africa was the 'dark continent', and because I was a girl. - Jane Goodall 

12. When I look back over my life it's almost as if there was a plan laid out for me - from the little girl who was so passionate about animals who longed to go to Africa and whose family couldn't afford to put her through college. Everyone laughed at my dreams. I was supposed to be a secretary in Bournemouth. - Jane Goodall 

13. I'm committed to my family. - YoungBoy Never Broke Again 

14. I just live life. I grew up in a Christian family, but, you know, the way Mom brought me up is to, you know, do you, to always be yourself. - Tyler, The Creator 

15. God's dream is that you and I and all of us will realize that we are family, that we are made for togetherness, for goodness, and for compassion. - Desmond Tutu 

16. In God's family, there are no outsiders, no enemies. - Desmond Tutu 

17. The God who existed before any religion counts on you to make the oneness of the human family known and celebrated. - Desmond Tutu 

18. The place of the father in the modern suburban family is a very small one, particularly if he plays golf. - Bertrand Russell 

19. Everything that makes man's life worthwhile - family, work, education, a place to rear one's children and a place to rest one's head - all this depends on the decisions of government; all can be swept away by a government which does not heed the demands of its people, and I mean all of its people. - Robert Kennedy 

20. In the cases that come before the Department of Justice involving a wide range of unlawful activities, we see repeated evidence of family and community failures. - Robert Kennedy 

21. I come from a family that has always emphasized and enjoyed sports - golf, tennis, football, baseball and the rest. - Robert Kennedy 

22. One of the primary purposes of civilization - and certainly its primary strength - is the guarantee that family life can flourish in unity, peace, and order. - Robert Kennedy 

23. Negroes could be sold - actually sold as we sell cattle, with no reference to calves or bulls or recognition of family. It was a nasty business. The white South was properly ashamed of it and continually belittled and almost denied it. But it was a stark and bitter fact. - W. E. B. Du Bois 

24. I was a disadvantaged child from a non-educated family, yet I had the advantage of being in the company of great teachers. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam 

25. Regarding marriage, it - somehow, it didn't happen. One fellow in such a big family not getting married is not an issue. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam 

26. The Bible says that Christians are the salt of the earth and the light of the world. On the job, in the grocery store, even among unsaved friends and family members, God's people are there to bring seasoning to an unsavory situation. - Joyce Meyer 

27. I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer 

28. I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage. - Erma Bombeck 

29. Like religion, politics, and family planning, cereal is not a topic to be brought up in public. It's too controversial. - Erma Bombeck 

30. I was lucky to have such a loving, crazy family. I learned to give and share. - Leo Buscaglia 

31. All of my youth growing up in my Italian family was focused around the table. That's where I learned about love. - Leo Buscaglia 

32. It's not proper for the government to intrude too thoroughly into the domain of the family. It's inappropriate. - Jordan Peterson 

33. Adopt responsibility for your own well-being, try to put your family together, try to serve your community, try to seek for eternal truth... That's the sort of thing that can ground you in your life, enough so that you can withstand the difficulty of life. - Jordan Peterson 

34. The truth is that since childhood I had cultivated an existential independence. It came from perceiving the adults around me as unreliable, and without it I felt I wouldn't have survived. I cared deeply for everyone in my family, but in the end I depended on myself. - Sonia Sotomayor 

35. When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, 'Why god? Why me?' and the thundering voice of God answered, 'There's just something about you that pisses me off.' - Stephen King 

36. Nobody has ever before asked the nuclear family to live all by itself in a box the way we do. With no relatives, no support, we've put it in an impossible situation. - Margaret Mead 

37. 'Love Story' is actually about a guy that I almost dated. But when I introduced him to my family and my friends, they all said they didn't like him. All of them! - Taylor Swift 

38. When I was a teenager, my biggest lessons came from Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, George Strait, Rascal Flatts and Brad Paisley. I learned so much from opening up for those artists, and it also taught me how to treat your opening acts and make them feel like they're part of a family, not just a tour. - Taylor Swift 

39. Country radio is much more like a family than any other group of people that I've met. - Taylor Swift 

40. One always goes back to one's childhood in the beginning, and I come from a very religious family and surrounding. Very religious. - Elie Wiesel 

41. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands. - Douglas Adams 

42. I'm already popular in my city. I was just trying to get rich. Man, I'm not gonna lie to you; I didn't really want to go back to school. I mean, my family was mad about that. Because, you know, you tell your family you want to rap, and they look at you like you're crazy. - Lil Uzi Vert 

43. I just want to be successful. I'm not going to sit here and be like, 'I want to win a Grammy' or whatever; if that comes, that's awesome. But I just want to be successful and provide for my whole family and get my family out the hood. - Lil Uzi Vert 

44. Clearly older women and especially older women who have led an active life or elder women who successfully maneuver through their own family life have so much to teach us about sharing, patience, and wisdom. - Alice Walker 

45. My parents taught me service - not by saying, but by doing. That was my culture, the culture of my family. - Alice Walker 

46. Part of our tradition as black women is that we are universalists. Black children, yellow children, red children, brown children, that is the black woman's normal, day-to-day relationship. In my family alone, we are about four different colors. - Alice Walker 

47. My family was a poor farming family, and we lived under absolute segregation. - Alice Walker 

48. I continue to care for President Obama and for his family. I think that in many ways they are very courageous people, and I honor that, because I know what it means to live as a black person in a racist America. - Alice Walker 

49. As I get older, I tend to put more into family than I used to. - Clint Eastwood 

50. Nobody, who has not been in the interior of a family, can say what the difficulties of any individual of that family may be. - Jane Austen 

51. I have a family, loving aunts, and a good home. No, on the surface I seem to have everything except my one true friend. All I think about when I'm with friends is having a good time. I can't bring myself to talk about anything but ordinary everyday things. We don't seem to be able to get any closer, and that's the problem. - Anne Frank 

52. There's a schizoid streak within the family anyway so I dare say that I'm affected by that. The majority of the people in my family have been in some kind of mental institution, as for my brother he doesn't want to leave. He likes it very much. - David Bowie 

53. I've always regretted that I never was able to talk openly with my parents, especially with my father. I've heard and read so many things about my family that I can no longer believe anything; every relative I question has a completely different story from the last. - David Bowie 

54. The name Zahra was to have been lman's own name at birth, but a senior member of the family changed it to lman at the last minute. - David Bowie 

55. An armchair Jungian would say the whole thing is about my own ongoing spiritual search. My interior life has always been one of trying to find a spiritual link, maybe because I'm from a family of separate religious philosophies: Protestant and Catholic. - David Bowie 

56. All happy families resemble one another, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. - Leo Tolstoy 

57. I was raised in a family where vulnerability was barely tolerated: no training wheels on our bicycles, no goggles in the pool, just get it done. And so I grew up not only with discomfort about my own vulnerability, I didn't care for it in other people either. - Brene Brown 

58. I remember the first time seeing myself on TV, when my family was watching the documentary 'Eyes on the Prize' for the first time. There were pictures of people going up the school stairs, and Mom said, 'Oh, that's you!' I said, 'I can't believe this. This is important.' - Ruby Bridges 

59. My family - my mother and father had gone through such a hard time that by the time I graduated from sixth grade, they were separated. - Ruby Bridges

 60. You tell me: Can you live crushed under the weight of the present? Without a memory of the past and without the desire to look ahead to the future by building something, a future, a family? Can you go on like this? This, to me, is the most urgent problem that the Church is facing. - Pope Francis 

61. Now we have black and white elected officials working together. Today, we have gone beyond just passing laws. Now we have to create a sense that we are one community, one family. Really, we are the American family. - John Lewis 

62. We are one people with one family. We all live in the same house... and through books, through information, we must find a way to say to people that we must lay down the burden of hate. For hate is too heavy a burden to bear. - John Lewis 

63. We are one people; we are only family. And when we finally accept these truths, then we will be able to fulfill Dr. King's dream to build a beloved community, a nation, and a world at peace with itself. - John Lewis 

64. I grew up in rural Alabama, 50 miles from Montgomery, in a very loving, wonderful family: wonderful mother, wonderful father. We attended church; we went to Sunday school every Sunday. - John Lewis 

65. I have a very good family. I'm very fortunate to have a very good family. I believe very strongly in the family. It's one of the things we have in our platform, is to talk about it. - Dan Quayle 

66. We will invest in our people, quality education, job opportunity, family, neighborhood, and yes, a thing we call America. - Dan Quayle 

67. Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private school, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the church and state forever separate. - Ulysses S. Grant 

68. I am from a family of artists. Here I am, making a living in the arts. It has not been a rebellion. It's as though I had taken over the family Esso station. - Kurt Vonnegut 

69. And I keep saying, whether you like the president or not, everybody has to pull together and help the president because, as the president goes, so goes the country, as the country goes, so goes your job, your ability to feed your family, your government. - Michael Bloomberg 

70. There is little less trouble in governing a private family than a whole kingdom. - Michel de Montaigne 

71. There is not much less vexation in the government of a private family than in the managing of an entire state. - Michel de Montaigne 

72. But when you come from a large, wonderful family, there's always a way to achieve your goals. - Wilma Rudolph 

73. Born to a tribal Bedouin family of nomadic desert shepherds in the region of Tripoli, Gaddafi was profoundly anti-colonialist. It is affirmed that his paternal grandfather died fighting against the Italian invaders when Libya was invaded by them in 1911. - Fidel Castro 

74. My experiences in life are getting bigger and better. The more stuff I do, the more stuff I talk about - having kids, traveling, going through relationship problems, dealing with things in my own family. All that stuff builds character. - Kevin Hart 

75. People want to act like they know celebrities. They want to see pictures. They want to know where you're going. They want to hear you talk about your family. - Kevin Hart 

76. Over the years I've learnt to live with two persons in my heart. One is Edson, who has fun with his friends and family; the other is the football player Pele. I didn't want the name. 'Pele' sounds like baby-talk in Portuguese. - Pele 

77. All my life I thank God. My family was very religious. - Pele 

78. At 17, I already had responsibility because I took care of my family, but in the football I was young; I wasn't experienced or the captain - I was just in the team. - Pele 

79. The more nobly a man wills and acts, the more avid he becomes for great and sublime aims to pursue. He will no longer be content with family, country, and the remunerative aspect of his work. He will want wider organizations to create, new paths to blaze, causes to uphold, truths to discover, an ideal to cherish and defend. - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin 

80. Never lose sight of the fact that the most important yardstick of your success will be how you treat other people - your family, friends, and coworkers, and even strangers you meet along the way. - Barbara Bush 

81. It was the dumbest thing I had ever seen, but it's a family thing, and I guess it's clean. - Barbara Bush 

82. You know sit with your arm around a little kid and read. It not only teaches them to read but it keeps the family strong. - Barbara Bush 

83. Family and friends and faith are the most important things in your life and you should be building friendships. - Barbara Bush 

84. We are still behaving as if a worker really doesn't have a family because the work pattern really was meant for men who really were the financial support but weren't looking after their families. We need to change this, and we can easily do that. - Gloria Steinem 

85. The thing about aging is all your old lovers, pretty much if they were really friends, become your family. It's great. You have those terrible feelings of possessiveness and uncertainty go out the window. You have what you shared. You know you would help each other in times of trouble no matter what. - Gloria Steinem 

86. As long as working women also have to do the work of child and family care at home, they will have two jobs instead of one. Perhaps more important, children will grow up thinking that only women can be loving and nurturing, and men cannot. - Gloria Steinem 

87. We go to church on Sunday and then have family dinner. My mom usually cooks, and most of the time, it's protein and something else. She will ask us kids what we want! - Simone Biles 

88. The support down here in Rio has been amazing - between my family, Team U.S.A. and Team Kellogg's, I've felt so much love. This whole experience has been a dream come true. - Simone Biles 

89. I have a deep tribal sense. I grew up in a synagogue that my ancestors built. I sat in the third row. My family was decent. They were good people; they were handshake people. So I never had a sense of rebellion. - Leonard Cohen 

90. Everything I have, my career, my success, my family, I owe to America. - Arnold Schwarzenegger 

91. I believe with all my heart that America remains 'the great idea' that inspires the world. It is a privilege to be born here. It is an honor to become a citizen here. It is a gift to raise your family here, to vote here, and to live here. - Arnold Schwarzenegger 

92. I had this child, and it destroyed my family. - Arnold Schwarzenegger 

93. My family kinda hit the skids. We were experiencing poverty at that point. We all got a job, where the whole family had to work as security guards and janitors. And I just got angry. - Jim Carrey 

94. I refuse to feel guilty. I feel guilty about too much in my life but not about money. I went through periods when I had nothing, so somebody in my family has to get stinkin' wealthy. - Jim Carrey 

95. I talked about my family, my family's so important. - Jim Valvano 

96. People think I have courage. The courage in my family are my wife Pam, my three daughters, here, Nicole, Jamie, LeeAnn, my mom, who's right here too. - Jim Valvano 

97. I grew up across the street from, you know, the Villarias, which was a great Mexican family there. In fact, there was three houses right across the street from me. So, day and night, I listened to Mexican music, and I'm sure, you know, my guitar playing, singing, writing, whatever, has a lot of Mexican flavor there, but it comes natural. - Willie Nelson 

98. I text and email my friends and family a lot, but that's about the extent of my high-tech-etude. - Willie Nelson 

99. I had a long time admiration for the Jewish people. Especially with their long time of courage, taking so much abuse for so long. I was only seven years old, but I could easily see the ungodly treatment that the white folks were handing the poor Jewish family whom I worked for. - Louis Armstrong 

100. The baby boomers are getting older, and will stay older for longer. And they will run right into the dementia firing range. How will a society cope? Especially a society that can't so readily rely on those stable family relationships that traditionally provided the backbone of care? - Terry Pratchett

Post a Comment

0 Comments