Top 100 Amazing Faith Quotes Vol.04


1. There is but one cause of human failure. And that is man's lack of faith in his true Self. - William James 

2. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case. - William James 

3. Whatever universe a professor believes in must at any rate be a universe that lends itself to lengthy discourse. A universe definable in two sentences is something for which the professorial intellect has no use. No faith in anything of that cheap kind! - William James 

4. Faith certainly tells us what the senses do not, but not the contrary of what they see; it is above, not against them. - Blaise Pascal 

5. It is the heart which perceives God and not the reason. That is what faith is: God perceived by the heart, not by the reason. - Blaise Pascal 

6. We like security: we like the pope to be infallible in matters of faith, and grave doctors to be so in moral questions so that we can feel reassured. - Blaise Pascal 

7. If the system is broken, my inclination is to fix it rather than to fight it. I have faith in the process of the law, and if it is carried out fairly, I can live with the results, whatever they may be. - Sonia Sotomayor 

8. We can't solve modern problems by going back in time. Retreating to the safety of the familiar is an understandable response, but God has called us to a life of faith. And faith requires us to face the unknown while trusting Him completely. - Charles R. Swindoll 

9. Man must cease attributing his problems to his environment, and learn again to exercise his will - his personal responsibility in the realm of faith and morals. - Albert Schweitzer 

10. For modes of faith let graceless zealots fight, His can't be wrong whose life is in the right. - Alexander Pope 

11. Faith Hill is a big role model. - Taylor Swift 

12. I spend a lot of time balancing between faith and disbelief. - Taylor Swift 

13. Scoutcraft is a means through which the varies hooligan can be brought to higher thought and to the elements of faith in God; and, coupled with the Scout's obligation to do a good turn every day, it gives the base of Duty to God and to Neighbor on which the parent or pastor can build with greater ease the form of belief that is desired. - Robert Baden-Powell 

14. No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them. - Elie Wiesel 

15. I was very, very religious. And of course I wrote about it in 'Night.' I questioned God's silence. So I questioned. I don't have an answer for that. Does it mean that I stopped having faith? No. I have faith, but I question it. - Elie Wiesel 

16. If faith in ourselves had been more extensively taught and practiced, I am sure a very large portion of the evils and miseries that we have would have vanished. - Swami Vivekananda 

17. The infinite faith I have in people's ability to understand anything that makes sense has always been justified, finally, by their behavior. - Alice Walker 

18. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. - Norman Vincent Peale 

19. He who has courage and faith will never perish in misery! - Anne Frank 

20. We can never learn too much of His will towards us, too much of His messages and His advice. The Bible is His word and its study gives at once the foundation for our faith and an inspiration to battle onward in the fight against the tempter. - John D. Rockefeller 

21. Faith is the sense of life, that sense by virtue of which man does not destroy himself, but continues to live on. It is the force whereby we live. - Leo Tolstoy 

22. Fear clogs; faith liberates. - Elbert Hubbard 

23. Love, we say, is life; but love without hope and faith is agonizing death. - Elbert Hubbard 

24. Faith minus vulnerability and mystery equals extremism. If you've got all the answers, then don't call what you do 'faith.' - Brene Brown 

25. What we, as African Americans, stood on was our faith. - Ruby Bridges 

26. My mother had taught me that the only thing you could depend on was your faith, and I had that. - Ruby Bridges 

27. In the Church, and in the journey of faith, women have had and still have a special role in opening doors to the Lord. - Pope Francis 

28. Those who today always look for disciplinarian solutions, those who long for an exaggerated doctrinal 'security,' those who stubbornly try to recover a past that no longer exists - they have a static and inward directed view of things. In this way, faith becomes an ideology among other ideologies. - Pope Francis 

29. First of all, you ask me if the God of Christians forgives one who doesn't believe and doesn't seek the faith. Premise that - and it's the fundamental thing - the mercy of God has no limits if one turns to him with a sincere and contrite heart; the question for one who doesn't believe in God lies in obeying one's conscience. - Pope Francis 

30. Sin, also for those who don't have faith, exists when one goes against one's conscience. To listen to and obey it means, in fact, to decide in face of what is perceived as good or evil. And on this decision pivots the goodness or malice of our action. - Pope Francis 

31. Truth, according to the Christian faith, is God's love for us in Jesus Christ. Therefore, truth is a relationship. - Pope Francis 

32. It is necessary to bear in mind that Scripture only teaches the chief points of those true principles which lead to the true perfection of man, and only demands in general terms faith in them. - Maimonides 

33. The civil rights movement was based on faith. Many of us who were participants in this movement saw our involvement as an extension of our faith. We saw ourselves doing the work of the Almighty. Segregation and racial discrimination were not in keeping with our faith, so we had to do something. - John Lewis 

34. Without our faith, we wouldn't have been able to succeed. On many occasions, before we'd go out on a sit-in, before we went on the freedom ride, before we marched from Selma to Montgomery, we would sing a song or say a prayer. Without our faith, without the spirit and spiritual bearings and underpinning, we would not have been so successful. - John Lewis 

35. Without prayer, without faith in the Almighty, the civil rights movement would have been like a bird without wings. - John Lewis 

36. The other day the President said, I know you've had some rough times, and I want to do something that will show the nation what faith that I have in you, in your maturity and sense of responsibility. He paused, then said, would you like a puppy? - Dan Quayle 

37. I partly know why I have not led a perfect life like other believers. But I avow to my Lord, and I do not lie, that from the time when I first knew him, the love of God and the fear of him has grown in me from my youth so that I have, by the power of God, always till now kept the faith. - Saint Patrick 

38. We now occupy the proud attitude of a sovereign and independent Republic, which will impose upon us the obligation of evincing to the world that we are worthy to be free. This will only be accomplished by wise legislation, the maintenance of our integrity, and the faithful and just redemption of our plighted faith wherever it has been pledged. - Sam Houston 

39. What value is there in faith without works? And what are they worth if they are not united to the merits of Jesus Christ, our only good? - Saint Teresa of Avila 

40. How many things we held yesterday as articles of faith which today we tell as fables. - Michel de Montaigne 

41. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. 

42. But the attitude of faith is to let go, and become open to truth, whatever it might turn out to be. - Alan Watts 

43. In other words, a person who is fanatic in matters of religion, and clings to certain ideas about the nature of God and the universe, becomes a person who has no faith at all. - Alan Watts 

44. Is it not hard that even those who are with us should be against us - that a man's enemies, in some degree, should be those of the same household of faith? Yet so it is. - John Wesley 

45. I asked long ago, 'What must I do to be saved?' The Scripture answered, 'Keep the commandments, believe, hope, love.' I was early warned against laying, as the Papists do, too much stress on outward works, or on a faith without works, which as it does not include, so it will never lead to true hope or charity. - John Wesley 

46. I know that I had not faith, unless the faith of a devil, the faith of Judas, that speculative, notional, airy shadow, which lives in the head, not in the heart. But what is this to the living, justifying faith, the faith that cleanses from sin? - John Wesley 

47. Bid, then, the tender light of faith to shine By which alone the mortal heart is led Unto the thinking of the thought divine. - George Santayana 

48. Base souls have no faith in great individuals. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau 

49. Do I think faith will be an important part of being a good president? Yes, I do. - George W. Bush 

50. I began revolution with 82 men. If I had to do it again, I do it with 10 or 15 and absolute faith. It does not matter how small you are if you have faith and plan of action. - Fidel Castro 

51. Religious faith, like political belief, should be based on reasoning, on the development of thought and feelings. The two things are inseparable. - Fidel Castro 

52. The facts tell us that no religious Faith releases - or ever has released at any moment in History - a higher degree of warmth, a more intense dynamism of unification than the Christianity of our own day - and the more Catholic it is, the truer my words. - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin 

53. When all is said and done, what constitutes the impregnable superiority of Christianity over all other types of Faith is that it is ever more consciously identified with a Christo genesis: in other words, with an awareness of the rise of a certain universal Presence which is at once immortalizing and unifying. - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin 

54. Everywhere on Earth, at this moment, in the new spiritual atmosphere created by the appearance of the idea of evolution, there float, in a state of extreme mutual sensitivity, love of God and faith in the world: the two essential components of the Ultra-human. - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin 

55. Certain though I am - and ever more certain - that I must press on in life as though Christ awaited me at the term of the universe, at the same time I feel no special assurance of the existence of Christ. Believing is not seeing. As much as anyone, I imagine, I walk in the shadows of faith. - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin 

56. Family and friends and faith are the most important things in your life and you should be building friendships. - Barbara Bush 

57. Let judges secretly despair of justice: their verdicts will be more acute. Let generals secretly despair of triumph; killing will be defamed. Let priests secretly despair of faith: their compassion will be true. - Leonard Cohen 

58. The children have been a wonderful gift to me, and I'm thankful to have once again seen our world through their eyes. They restore my faith in the family's future. - Jackie Kennedy 

59. A better world shall emerge based on faith and understanding. - Douglas MacArthur 

60. Faith is much better than belief. Belief is when someone else does the thinking. - R. Buckminster Fuller 

61. Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged. - Louisa May Alcott 

62. One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself. - Lucille Ball 

63. Hope lies in having more faith in the power of God to heal us than in the power of anything to hurt or destroy us. In realizing that as children of God we are bigger than our problems, we have the power at last to confront them. - Marianne Williamson 

64. Faith: Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. - Ambrose Bierce 

65. Not brute force but only persuasion and faith are the kings of this world. - Thomas Carlyle 

66. What is the real purpose behind the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus? They seem like greater steps toward faith and imagination, each with a payoff. Like cognitive training exercises. - Chuck Palahniuk 

67. My characters tend to be more dynamic because they're reaching that point in their lives where their old way of being is breaking down. They're conflicted by the idea that they don't know what's next. You could call it Kierkegaard's leap of faith, when you get tired of sort of reinventing yourself on a very superficial level. - Chuck Palahniuk 

68. Do not tell secrets to those whose faith and silence you have not already tested. - Elizabeth I 

69. Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence. - Richard Dawkins 

70. The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry. - Richard Dawkins 

71. At least the fundamentalists haven't tried to dilute their message. Their faith is exposed for what it is for all to see. - Richard Dawkins 

72. If children understand that beliefs should be substantiated with evidence, as opposed to tradition, authority, revelation or faith, they will automatically work out for themselves that they are atheists. - Richard Dawkins 

73. If we are too friendly to nice, decent bishops, we run the risk of buying into the fiction that there's something virtuous about believing things because of faith rather than because of evidence. We run the risk of betraying scientific enlightenment. - Richard Dawkins 

74. Religion is capable of driving people to such dangerous folly that faith seems to me to qualify as a kind of mental illness. - Richard Dawkins 

75. Many people want to send their children to faith schools because they get good exam results, but they're not foolish enough to believe that it's because of faith that they get good exam results. - Richard Dawkins 

76. In the World Wars, people were perfectly able to shoot other people just because they belonged to the wrong country, without ever asking what their opinions were. Faith too is like that. - Richard Dawkins 

77. A mission is a place where you ask nonbelievers to come and find faith and hope and feel love. - Robert H. Schuller 

78. I believe that Christians believe in salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, not by works. And we believe that if you're saved, Jesus becomes your savior. He makes a promise to you. You can trust his promises. You can bank on that word. - Robert H. Schuller 

79. I have an almost complete disregard of precedent, and a faith in the possibility of something better. It irritates me to be told how things have always been done. I defy the tyranny of precedent. I go for anything new that might improve the past. - Clara Barton 

80. I remember when I was a freshman in college, I was still somewhat bothered by... worried... about religion. I remember going to this professor of philosophy and telling him that I had lost my faith. - B. F. Skinner 

81. People look at me and see a calm, cool guy on the sidelines and I want them to know that my Christian faith affects my coaching and everything I do. - Tony Dungy 

82. If people didn't know me and only knew my public persona, what I'd want them to know is everything that I do, I do for the Glory of Lord. Because of my Christian faith, that's who I am. I wasn't always that way, but I'm very proud that I am. - Tony Dungy 

83. Faith is part of who I am, yes. I was raised Christian Scientist. The most important thing I saw every single week on the wall at Sunday school was the Golden Rule. - Ellen DeGeneres 

84. I strongly oppose the Employment Non-Discrimination Act. We must stand for the right of every American to practice their faith according to the dictates of their conscience, whether it be in the public square or in the workplace. - Mike Pence 

85. When I was young, I watched my mom and dad build everything that matters: a family, a business and a good name. I was raised to believe in hard work, in faith and family. My dad, Ed Pence, was a combat veteran in Korea. - Mike Pence 

86. For me, it all begins with faith; it begins with what matters most, and I try and put what I believe to be moral truth first. My philosophy of government second. And my politics third. - Mike Pence 

87. I began to meet young men and women who talked about having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and while I cherish my Catholic upbringing and the foundation that it poured in my faith, that had not been a part of my experience. - Mike Pence 

88. I was raised to believe in hard work, in faith and family. - Mike Pence 

89. Since coming back from overseas, this is more of a foreign country than the places overseas. I don't understand it. It's like America has lost faith in rational thought. - Jim Mattis 

90. Science stands for rational thought, faith for superstition and unreason. - Deepak Chopra 

91. I feel genius in great works of art. I have seen medical cures that science can't explain, some seemingly triggered by faith. The same is true of millions of other people. - Deepak Chopra 

92. I have tremendous faith in President Obama's skills. He's a long-term visionary. - Deepak Chopra 

93. Faith makes all things possible... love makes all things easy. - Dwight L. Moody 

94. It is a masterpiece of the devil to make us believe that children cannot understand religion. Would Christ have made a child the standard of faith if He had known that it was not capable of understanding His words? - Dwight L. Moody 

95. Most people don't realize, I really have no faith in politics. I'm not a politician. If I thought you could change human hearts by laws, I would, but I don't. - Rick Warren 

96. I was always concerned with writing to my age at a particular moment. That was the way I would keep faith with the audience that supported me as I went along. - Bruce Springsteen 

97. Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed. - Bruce Springsteen 

98. Life is a battle between faith and reason in which each feeds upon the other, drawing sustenance from it and destroying it. - Reinhold Niebuhr 

99. Talk unbelief, and you will have unbelief; but talk faith, and you will have faith. According to the seed sown will be the harvest. - Ellen G. White 

100. The Bible is our rule of faith and doctrine. - Ellen G. White

Post a Comment

0 Comments