Top 40 Amazing Parenting Quotes Vol.04


1. Mum and Dad had high expectations of us as human beings - it wasn't just about education. It's a fantastic way to go about parenting, and I aspire to that. - Tim Minchin 

2. Poor parenting may be reflected in poor sibling relationships. - Robert J. Waldinger 

3. Once you've taken account of the quality of sibling relationships, knowing about the quality of parenting doesn't add much information. - Robert J. Waldinger 

4. Everything that happens to me in a day enhances my parenting. - Pamela Adlon 

5. 'Kramer vs. Kramer' is one of my favorite films, where you have a story that really juxtaposes a lot of ideas that we have about family and about parenting. - Taylor Sheridan 

6. Parenting makes us better in so many regards. - Alissa Quart 

7. My worldview, my philosophy, my attitudes, my relationships, my parenting, my marriage - everything has been transformed by my relationship with Christ. - Lee Strobel 

8. Loving and parenting a dog as a single parent can create all sorts of new and unusual problems, but also new sources of joy. - Jenna Morasca 

9. From politics to parenting, Christians have something to say. - Monica Johnson 

10. My parents were divorced when I was a young teenager, and I was raised by a single mother after that. So, I understand the difficulties that families have. I understand single parenting. - Michele Bachmann 

11. So, you know, parenting is a very intimate and amazing experience and one of the best experiences of my life. - Uma Thurman 

12. Growth doesn't hurt. This is what I've learned. In the end, it doesn't hurt. It hurts while it's happening. But in the end, you know, for life, for parenting, and for the arts, it's not a bad - not a bad thing to try for. - Laura Dern 

13. Do remember to pick your battles when you start parenting your stepchildren. - Emily V. Gordon 

14. There's nothing to be gained, and much to be lost, in trying to bend every child to match a one-size-fits-all notion of what it means to be a boy or girl of a specific age. Better to set a few parameters and then go with the flow. Call it 'jazz parenting.' - Ezekiel Emanuel 

15. There's no one right way to be a person, we're all just doing our best. So the same thing should apply to parenting and raising your children and the things you go through. - Busy Philipps 

16. I'm afraid the parenting advice to come out of developmental psychology is very boring: pay attention to your kids and love them. - Alison Gopnik 

17. The science can tell you that the thousands of pseudo-scientific parenting books out there - not to mention the 'Baby Einstein' DVDs and the flash cards and the brain-boosting toys - won't do a thing to make your baby smarter. That's largely because babies are already as smart as they can be; smarter than we are in some ways. - Alison Gopnik 

18. Sadness, irritability, fatigue, and distractedness are among the most common side effects of grief while parenting. - Rachel Simmons 

19. Somebody once told me I treated my smart phone like Wilson, the volleyball Tom Hanks turns into a friend when he's stranded on a desert island in that movie 'Castaway.' It's an apt comparison: parenting a toddler occasionally feels like being marooned, and your phone is your only connection to the rest of the world. - Rachel Simmons 

20. Launching a kid into college is about more than having the money to pay for it. Parents invest so much of their time and identities in the process that it can feel like a part time job. For many parents, the college your child ends up attending becomes a parenting grade. - Rachel Simmons 

21. I'm hosting weekend retreats all over America. It is like a 24-hour slumber party for moms. We laugh, eat, play games, get massages, win prizes, talk about parenting and even cry a bit. - Lisa Whelchel 

22. With parenting, like any other skill in life, practice makes perfect. - Jo Swinson 

23. We will never achieve equality in the workplace until we have more equality in the home. Our plans for an extra four weeks of parental leave specifically for fathers will help tackle the assumption that parenting is one of the 'girl jobs'. - Jo Swinson 

24. For decades, parents were told by so-called parenting 'experts' that offspring would be best raised on the belief each is special and entitled to all life has to offer. - Bob Barr 

25. The way I was parented did affect my parenting - probably in the reverse. My dad was pretty strict, and the next generation probably wants to be less strict. - Alan Thicke 

26. Don't reward bad behavior. It is one of the first rules of parenting. During the financial cataclysm of 2008, we said it differently. When we bailed out banks that had created their own misfortune, we called it a 'moral hazard,' because the bailout absolved the bank's bad acts and created an incentive for it to make the same bad loans again. - Eliot Spitzer 

27. Here's a confession: I hate parenting books. I hate the ones that are earnest and repetitive. - Bruce Feiler 

28. I set out to write an anti-parenting parenting book. - Bruce Feiler 

29. My father once said about being a parent that it is the only thing you do that requires a very long period of learning, and at about the time that you are becoming competent, you don't need the skills anymore. Notwithstanding this modest assessment of their parenting skills, they were wonderful parents. - Michael Spence 

30. Parenting girls makes you quite gender-conscious - it's almost impossible to fight the power of pink. It's not such a terrible thing to want to be a princess when you're five, but it would be nice if there were some other options. - Robert Webb 

31. The reason I stopped music for a while and concentrated on theatre was that it was more conducive to parenting; having the days free was quite handy. I love them both. I hope I don't have to compromise one for the other. - Johnny Flynn 

32. In Los Angeles, parenting is a competitive sport. From Beverly Hills baby boutiques to kids' yoga classes, L.A. fuses high style, industrial-strength materialism, and parental outsourcing into our own unique version of child-rearing. - Shawn Amos 

33. Both Sheena and I are working parents, and we know how hard it is to balance work and parenting. - Eric Greitens 

34. I have become more and more afraid about marriage and parenting. I think it's because I am getting older. Of course, there will be a lot to learn, and I also know that the experience will help in my acting. - Gong Yoo 

35. Deciding together to have a child and sharing in child-rearing do not immunize a marriage. Indeed, collaborative couples can face other problems. They often embark on such an intense style of parenting that they end up paying less attention to each other. - Stephanie Coontz 

36. Cohabitation itself doesn't cause ineffective parenting. - Stephanie Coontz 

37. Marriage is no longer the main way in which societies regulate sexuality and parenting or organize the division of labor between men and women. - Stephanie Coontz 

38. I think parenting these days is definitely different from when a lot of people grew up. As much blame as we give a lot of our kids for what they're not doing... I also try to give them as much credit for dealing with things that we didn't have to deal with. Bullying was one on one and face to face. Now it's all over the Internet. - Nelly 

39. Parenting is one of the best management training programs there is. - Irene Rosenfeld 

40. I'm endlessly fascinated by parenting, marriage, my wife and the ins and outs of marriage. - Rob Delaney 

41. Being a father of three children and grandfather to nine, I do think that this thing called 'parenting' is becoming increasingly difficult. - Craig T. Nelson

Post a Comment

0 Comments