Top 100 Amazing Time Quotes Vol.03


1. To be a Negro in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in a rage almost all the time. - James Baldwin 

2. If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. - Bruce Lee 

3. Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. - Warren Buffett 

4. Time travel used to be thought of as just science fiction, but Einstein's general theory of relativity allows for the possibility that we could warp space-time so much that you could go off in a rocket and return before you set out. - Stephen Hawking 

5. To love is so startling it leaves little time for anything else. - Emily Dickinson 

6. We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. - T. S. Eliot

7. Nothing great is created suddenly, any more than a bunch of grapes or a fig. If you tell me that you desire a fig. I answer you that there must be time. Let it first blossom, then bear fruit, then ripen. - Epictetus 

8. Any action is often better than no action, especially if you have been stuck in an unhappy situation for a long time. If it is a mistake, at least you learn something, in which case it's no longer a mistake. If you remain stuck, you learn nothing. - Eckhart Tolle 

9. Everything changes with time. You can't predict where you're gonna be next year; you have no idea, you know what I mean? - Lil Peep 

10. One of the most pervasive political visions of our time is the vision of liberals as compassionate and conservatives as less caring. - Thomas Sowell 

11. The right of every American to first-class citizenship is the most important issue of our time. - Jackie Robinson 

12. Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time. - Viktor E. Frankl 

13. A thought transfixed me: for the first time in my life, I saw the truth as it is set into song by so many poets, proclaimed as the final wisdom by so many thinkers. The truth - that love is the ultimate and the highest goal to which man can aspire. - Viktor E. Frankl 

14. Even a genius cannot completely resist his Zeitgeist, the spirit of his time. - Viktor E. Frankl 

15. I ran for the presidency, despite hopeless odds, to demonstrate the sheer will and refusal to accept the status quo. The next time a woman runs, or a black, a Jew, or anyone from a group that the country is 'not ready' to elect to its highest office, I believe that he or she will be taken seriously from the start. - Shirley Chisholm 

16. Tearing apart a community, a business, and a family will make America worse off, every time. - Pete Buttigieg 

17. It's time to join the ranks of nations that have put the ugliness of capital punishment behind them. - Pete Buttigieg 

18. All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing, and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway. - Harry S Truman 

19. I would fight for my liberty so long as my strength lasted, and if the time came for me to go, the Lord would let them take me. - Harriet Tubman 

20. My biographers... would like to have my time at the court almost complete before they finish the book. We decided... to flip the order. - Ruth Bader Ginsburg 

21. Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Unknown 

22. They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. - Andy Warhol 

23. Natural science will in time incorporate into itself the science of man, just as the science of man will incorporate into itself natural science: there will be one science. - Karl Marx 

24. Great minds are related to the brief span of time during which they live as great buildings are to a little square in which they stand: you cannot see them in all their magnitude because you are standing too close to them. - Arthur Schopenhauer 

25. We learned many years ago that the rich may have money, but the poor have time. - Cesar Chavez 

26. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance. - Robert Kennedy 

27. I believe in God, who made of one blood all nations that on earth do dwell. I believe that all men, black and brown and white, are brothers, varying through time and opportunity, in form and gift and feature, but differing in no essential particular, and alike in soul and the possibility of infinite development. - W. E. B. Du Bois 

28. Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves. - Dale Carnegie 

29. The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar. - Jimi Hendrix 

30. In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. - Albert Schweitzer 

31. Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity. - Hippocrates 

32. This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love: the more they give, the more they possess. - Rainer Maria Rilke 

33. Who, except the gods, can live time through forever without any pain? - Aeschylus 

34. There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel 

35. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. - J. R. R. Tolkien 

36. I live in a crazy time. - Anne Frank 

37. A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. - Charles Darwin 

38. Together with a culture of work, there must be a culture of leisure as gratification. To put it another way: people who work must take the time to relax, to be with their families, to enjoy themselves, read, listen to music, play a sport. - Pope Francis 

39. I believe race is too heavy a burden to carry into the 21st century. It's time to lay it down. We all came here in different ships, but now we're all in the same boat. - John Lewis 

40. I had to pick myself up and get on with it, do it all over again, only even better this time. - Sam Walton 

41. Everyone who knows me knows that I'm a hopeless romantic who listens to love ballads and doo-wop songs all the time. - Henry Rollins 

42. Any man can call time out, but no man can say how long the time out will be. - Kurt Vonnegut 

43. In time of difficulties, we must not lose sight of our achievements. - Mao Zedong 

44. Once you are assigned to a flight, the whole crew is assigned at the same time, and then that crew trains together for a whole year to prepare for that flight. - Sally Ride 

45. When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it's your world for the moment. I want to give that world to someone else. Most people in the city rush around so, they have no time to look at a flower. I want them to see it whether they want to or not. - Georgia O'Keeffe 

46. Leadership to me means duty, honor, country. It means character, and it means listening from time to time. - George W. Bush 

47. No thieves, no traitors, no interventionists! This time the revolution is for real! - Fidel Castro 

48. When you stop thinking about yourself all the time, a certain sense of repose overtakes you. - Leonard Cohen 

49. I suppose, in a way, this has become part of my soul. It is a symbol of my life. Whatever I have done that really matters, I've done wearing it. When the time comes, it will be in this that I journey forth. What greater honor could come to an American, and a soldier? - Douglas MacArthur 

50. My two secrets to staying healthy: wash your hands all the time. And, if you can't, use Purell or one of the sanitizers. And the other is hot peppers. I eat a lot of hot peppers. I for some reason started doing that in 1992, and I swear by it. - Hillary Clinton 

51. In wisdom gathered over time I have found that every experience is a form of exploration. - Ansel Adams 

52. When I was born, some of our relatives came to our house and told my mother, 'Don't worry, next time you will have a son.' - Malala Yousafzai 

53. The season of failure is the best time for sowing the seeds of success. - Paramahansa Yogananda 

54. Let us learn to appreciate there will be times when the trees will be bare, and look forward to the time when we may pick the fruit. - Anton Chekhov 

55. People here argue about religion interminably, but it appears that they are competing at the same time to see who can be the least devout. - Montesquieu 

56. Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored. - Earl Nightingale 

57. I think goals should never be easy, they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time. - Michael Phelps 

58. When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home. - Tecumseh 

59. When you hold your baby in your arms the first time, and you think of all the things you can say and do to influence him, it's a tremendous responsibility. What you do with him can influence not only him, but everyone he meets and not for a day or a month or a year but for time and eternity. - Rose Kennedy 

60. When the faith is strong enough, it is sufficient just to be. It's a journey towards simplicity, towards quietness, towards a kind of joy that is not in time. It's a journey that has taken us from primary identification with our body and our psyche, on to an identification with God, and ultimately beyond identification. - Ram Dass 

61. There is nothing as sweet as a comeback, when you are down and out, about to lose, and out of time. - Anne Lamott 

62. The most important part are the fans, that people going home are happy. It's their time off, and you should give them something to enjoy. - Johan Cruyff 

63. It seems like every time you come up something happens to bring you back down. - Tupac Shakur 

64. Science is constantly proved all the time. If we take something like any fiction, any holy book, and destroyed it, in a thousand years' time, that wouldn't come back just as it was. Whereas if we took every science book and every fact and destroyed them all, in a thousand years they'd all be back because all the same tests would be the same result. - Ricky Gervais 

65. Genres aren't closed boxes. Stuff flows back and forth across the borders all the time. - Margaret Atwood 

66. I developed that for a long time. I also developed 'Sugar Sweet Science' at New Line and that didn't happen. That was a boxing movie. And between all that there were a couple of other things. - Danny DeVito 

67. I was kind of excited about going to jail the first time and I learnt some great dialogue. - Quentin Tarantino 

68. When I'm doing a movie, I'm not doing anything else. It's all about the movie. I don't have a wife. I don't have a kid. Nothing can get in my way... I've made a choice, so far, to go on this road alone. Because this is my time. This is my time to make movies. - Quentin Tarantino 

69. Whenever I think about movies, I always look at that art process as having the best of a lot of worlds. Because if you watch a great film, you have a musical element to it, not just on the scoring, but in the way that the shots are edited - that has music and rhythm and time. - Frank Ocean 

70. Remember the first time you went to a show and saw your favorite band. You wore their shirt, and sang every word. You didn't know anything about scene politics, haircuts, or what was cool. All you knew was that this music made you feel different from anyone you shared a locker with. Someone finally understood you. This is what music is about. - Gerard Way 

71. If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time. - Billy Joel 

72. Professional golf is the only sport where, if you win 20% of the time, you're the best. - Jack Nicklaus 

73. Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire. - Jorge Luis Borges 

74. We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. - William E. Gladstone 

75. You take every opportunity you have to win a trophy. That is always the goal, and winning makes it a little bit easier the next time. - Virgil van Dijk 

76. To me, drum soloing is like doing a marathon and solving equations at the same time. - Neil Peart 

77. There is something good in all seeming failures. You are not to see that now. Time will reveal it. Be patient. - Swami Sivananda 

78. The rhythm of relations of color and size makes the absolute appear in the relativity of time and space. - Piet Mondrian 

79. Having soon discovered to be great, I must appear so, and therefore studiously avoided mixing in society, and wrapped myself in mystery, devoting my time to fasting and prayer. - Nat Turner 

80. The principle of asceticism never was, nor ever can be, consistently pursued by any living creature. Let but one tenth part of the inhabitants of the earth pursue it consistently, and in a day's time they will have turned it into a Hell. - Jeremy Bentham 

81. We still spend more time chasing funds than we do in the studio in creative work. - Alvin Ailey 

82. When you lose a lover it's like getting a bad haircut. It grows back in time. - Sammy Davis, Jr. 

83. Globalization has created this interlocking fragility. At no time in the history of the universe has the cancellation of a Christmas order in New York meant layoffs in China. - Nassim Nicholas Taleb 

84. Christmas for me is all about spending time with my family. I cherish any chance we have to spend all day together making gingerbread houses, baking cookies, or sitting around and watching movies. - Blake Lively 

85. The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Robert Peel 

86. If you have a chance to accomplish something that will make things better for people coming behind you, and you don't do that, you are wasting your time on this earth. - Roberto Clemente 

87. Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself. - Miles Davis

88. I fight to take a good photograph every single time. - Annie Leibovitz 

89. We make dream fights all the time. - Dana White 

90. I think most of us are raised with preconceived notions of the choices we're supposed to make. We waste so much time making decisions based on someone else's idea of our happiness - what will make you a good citizen or a good wife or daughter or actress. Nobody says, 'Just be happy - go be a cobbler or go live with goats.' - Sandra Bullock 

91. I have to think that I think it's always been a horse race between this administration's temporary political acumen and their completely, utterly, totally bankrupt policies. And they're coming home to roost. It was always a question of time. These guys aren't conservative. These guys are radicals. - Bradley Whitford 

92. There is no force so powerful as an idea whose time has come. - Everett Dirksen

 93. It took a long time, and a lot of years, for me to get comfortable with myself, like the way I am now. - Andy Ruiz Jr. 

94. The police can't protect consumers. People need to be more aware and educated about identity theft. You need to be a little bit wiser, a little bit smarter and there's nothing wrong with being skeptical. We live in a time when if you make it easy for someone to steal from you, someone will. - Frank Abagnale

95. Life is all about having a good time. - Miley Cyrus 

96. Every time I hear a recording I've made, I hear all kinds of things I could improve or things I should have done. There's always so much more to be done in music. It's so vast. - Charlie Parker 

97. I think there was a time in my life, probably in college, that I wished every guy was gay because it meant more women for me! I don't know what everyone's problem with it is. I wish everyone was gay! That's always the way I thought about it. I have no issue with it. If I have to suffer through marriage, why shouldn't they? - Donald Trump, Jr. 

98. We really do believe that we can improve the world, one song at a time. - Daniel Ek 

99. It is provided by the Constitution that the President shall from time to time give to the Congress information of the state of the Union and recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient. - Chester A. Arthur 

100. For myself, for a long time... maybe I felt inauthentic or something, I felt like my voice wasn't worth hearing, and I think everyone's voice is worth hearing. So if you've got something to say, say it from the rooftops. - Tom Hiddleston

Post a Comment

0 Comments