Top 100 Amazing Travel Quotes Vol.03


1. If I were involved with the NBA, I wouldn't want a 19-year-old or a 20-year-old kid to bring into all the travel and all the problems that exist in the NBA. I would want a much more mature kid. I would want a kid that maybe I've been watching on another team, and now he's 21, 22 years old instead of 18 or 19, and I might trade for that kid. - Bobby Knight

2. Fuel prices are at the center of our lives. They affect our ability to travel, stay warm, and feed ourselves. - Robert Kiyosaki 

3. Whenever I think of the high salaries we are paid as film actors, I think it is for the travel, the time away, and any trouble you get into through being well known. It's not for the acting, that's for sure. - Bill Murray 

4. In spite of the opinions of certain narrow-minded people, who would shut up the human race upon this globe, as within some magic circle it must never outstep, we shall one day travel to the moon, the planets, and the stars, with the same facility, rapidity, and certainty as we now make the voyage from Liverpool to New York! - Jules Verne 

5. Ah! Young people, travel if you can, and if you cannot - travel all the same! - Jules Verne 

6. We travel often to Asia, Africa, Europe, where they were born. - Angelina Jolie 

7. I've always said that I use my voice as an instrument. It was something I created myself, and I said, 'Have voice, will travel.' - Yoko Ono 

8. I travel a lot, so when I arrive in a city, I like to go to good local bookshops and make a selection based on how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking. The book I pick usually seems to have a definite karmic connection! - Yoko Ono 

9. I don't travel with them, but they can't be missing in my home. There have to always be dominoes... I used to play with my family - dad, my grandpa, my uncles. - Bad Bunny 

10. In this world, shipmates, sin that pays its way can travel freely, and without passport; whereas Virtue, if a pauper, is stopped at all frontiers. - Herman Melville 

11. It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent. - Dave Barry 

12. To read a writer is for me not merely to get an idea of what he says, but to go off with him and travel in his company. - Andre Gide 

13. Southeast Asia has a real grip on me. From the very first time I went there, it was a fulfillment of my childhood fantasies of the way travel should be. - Anthony Bourdain 

14. I'm very proud of the Rome episode of 'No Reservations' because it violated all the conventional wisdom about making television. You're never, ever supposed to do a food or travel show in black and white. - Anthony Bourdain 

15. Songs really are like a form of time travel because they really have moved forward in a bubble. Everyone who's connected with it, the studio's gone, the musicians are gone, and the only thing that's left is this recording which was only about a three-minute period maybe 70 years ago. - Tom Waits 

16. I believe the biggest impediment we have right now with going to Mars is public commitment. More people need to see themselves as a part of space travel; we need to see more inclusiveness. - Mae Jemison 

17. I hate the idea of anyone thinking that I don't put a lot of thought about the cost to taxpayers. I make our ministers travel to events in vans to pool together. - Jacinda Ardern 

18. To bring up a child in the way he should go, travel that way yourself once in a while. - Josh Billings 

19. Travel and society polish one, but a rolling stone gathers no moss, and a little moss is a good thing on a man. - John Burroughs 

20. Science fiction is filled with Martians and space travel to other planets, and things like that. - Margaret Atwood 

21. Boys do not evaluate a book. They divide books into categories. There are sexy books, war books, westerns, travel books, science fiction. A boy will accept anything from a section he knows rather than risk another sort. He has to have the label on the bottle to know it is the mixture as before. - William Golding 

22. When we see the shadow on our images, are we seeing the time 11 minutes ago on Mars? Or are we seeing the time on Mars as observed from Earth now? It's like time travel problems in science fiction. When is now; when was then? - Bill Nye 

23. We travel together, passengers on a little spaceship, dependent on its vulnerable reserves of air and soil, all committed, for our safety, to its security and peace. Preserved from annihilation only by the care, the work and the love we give our fragile craft. - Adlai Stevenson I 

24. I travel all over the country making speeches for people I believe in. - Ann Richards 

25. With the dramatic increase in ease of transportation and the incredible decrease in the amount of time required to travel between far-flung areas of the United States, representatives began spending more and more time in Washington and less and less time in their home districts. - Ben Shapiro 

26. I travel light. I think the most important thing is to be in a good mood and enjoy life, wherever you are. - Diane von Furstenberg 

27. I travel in so many different ways; I travel high, I rough it... it all depends on who I travel with. - Diane von Furstenberg 

28. I was lucky enough to have it all. To be successful in business, to have children, to raise them on my own, and to travel and live my life. It was a lot of work, but it's a privilege to have been able to do it. - Diane von Furstenberg 

29. Until 1914 I loved to travel; I often went to Italy and once spent a few months in India. Since then I have almost entirely abandoned travelling, and I have not been outside of Switzerland for over ten years. - Hermann Hesse 

30. Many years ago, large packs of wolves roamed the countryside in Ukraine, making travel in that part of the world very dangerous. These wolf packs were fearless. They were not intimidated by people nor by any of the weapons available at that time. The only thing that seemed to frighten them was fire. - Joseph B. Wirthlin 

31. We have one planet in our solar system that's habitable, and that's the Earth, and space travel can transform things back here for the better. First of all, by just having people go to space and look back on this fragile planet we live on. People have come back transformed and have done fantastic things. - Richard Branson 

32. To be able to travel the world, especially to places I never thought I'd be... it's really, you know, still fascinating for me. - Beyonce Knowles 

33. Doing Shakespeare once is not fair to the play. I have been in Shakespeare plays when it's not until the last two or three performances when I even understand certain things. In the old days star actors would travel the world doing the same parts over and over again. - Al Pacino 

34. I coach soccer, and my wife and I are very involved in our kids' lives. Our family is busy with doctor appointments, soccer practice, school, work, travel, vacation... life. - Patrick Lencioni 

35. I've just concluded - since President Obama endorses the same-sex marriage, advocates homosexual people, and enjoys an attractive countenance - thus if it becomes necessary, I shall travel to Washington, D.C., get down on my knee, and ask his hand. - Robert Mugabe

36. Technologies that may be realized in centuries or millennium include: warp drive, traveling faster than the speed of light, parallel universes; are there other parallel dimensions and parallel realities? Time travel that we mentioned and going to the stars. - Michio Kaku 

37. In Einstein's equation, time is a river. It speeds up, meanders, and slows down. The new wrinkle is that it can have whirlpools and fork into two rivers. So, if the river of time can be bent into a pretzel, create whirlpools and fork into two rivers, then time travel cannot be ruled out. - Michio Kaku 

38. Originally, the burden of proof was on physicists to prove that time travel was possible. Now the burden of proof is on physicists to prove there must be a law forbidding time travel. - Michio Kaku 

39. When you look at the calculation, it's amazing that every time you try to prove or disprove time travel, you've pushed Einstein's theory to the very limits where quantum effects must dominate. That's telling us that you really need a theory of everything to resolve this question. And the only candidate is string theory. - Michio Kaku 

40. I like to engage the public because when I was in high school, I had all these questions about anti-matter, higher dimensions and time travel. Every time I went to the library, every time I asked people these questions, I would get some strange looks. Nobody could answer any of these questions. - Michio Kaku 

41. Time travel and teleportation will have to wait. It may take centuries to master these technology. But within the coming decades, we will understand dark matter, perhaps test string theory, find planets which can harbor life, and maybe have Brain 2.0, i.e. our consciousness on a disk which will survive even after we die. - Michio Kaku 

42. Travel is a lot like love. - Alain de Botton 

43. I do think that travel can be part of a journey of inner maturation, but you've got to do it right. - Alain de Botton 

44. The world is getting so small. Young people are mobile; they want to travel around the world. When you travel around the world, you exchange culture, you want to make friends, you want to exchange things. - Jack Ma 

45. Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart and I like to travel around. - Reba McEntire 

46. My goals have changed throughout my life. At one time it was winning awards, selling out concert dates, selling more albums than anyone else. Now, my goals are to see my grandchildren grown, live a long and healthy life with my family and friends and travel the world. - Reba McEntire 

47. I travel around the world constantly promoting my projects and endorsing products. Yes, I do get paid to go to parties; in fact, I'm the person who started the whole trend of paid appearances. But when you see me at a party, I'm always working or promoting something. - Paris Hilton 

48. Don't time travel into the past, roaming through the nuances as if they can change. Don't bookmark pages you've already read. - James Altucher 

49. Thursday night football is here to stay. So we're looking at ways to make it safer. Now they're playing division games, so you limit travel. Now the question is, should you play Sunday night before a Thursday night? - John Madden 

50. As I travel the world, it seems that younger people identify me merely with some of the folklore in the 'Chuck Norris Facts' - those hyperbolic sayings that elevate my abilities beyond my capabilities. Others view me in light of the character I played in 'Walker, Texas Ranger' or in one of my 20 tough-guy films. - Chuck Norris 

51. I read on my iPad when I travel. I listen to audiobooks in the car. I read books in my bedroom, where I have a comfortable couch, a lamp and two dogs to keep me warm. - Isabel Allende 

52. I always want off-the-beaten-path, Anthony Bourdain-inspired travel. - Meghan Markle

53. Food makes travel so exceptional, because you get to taste what it's actually supposed to taste like. To eat the real Pad Thai or finally have a proper curry is something pretty amazing. - Meghan Markle 

54. On a normal day, I love a shift dress with flats and a little cropped jacket. That, for me, is my travel wear if it's not too chilly - you can throw a scarf over your legs if it's cold on the plane! - Meghan Markle 

55. I love Ralph Lauren. As I travel so much, I prefer to shop online. - Meghan Markle 

56. I'm the person friends come to when they want to find the perfect restaurant or boutique hotel on the outskirts of Paris. As opposed to scouring the Internet for a travel guide, wouldn't you rather ask the people who are really cool who go there? That's what I do. - Meghan Markle 

57. It's all about balance, and I have so much happiness in my career and am fortunate to travel the world and see so many amazing things - it will also be nice to be anchored to something grounded and in the same place. Raising a family will be a wonderful part of that. - Meghan Markle 

58. Schubert had arguably the same melodic gift as Mozart, but even less support. He didn't have the early exposure, never got to travel anywhere, and yet generated and amassed a body of work that grew and developed and is very profound. - Twyla Tharp 

59. I used to bodyguard for Muhammad Ali, Leon Spinks, Sugar Ray Leonard. I used to bodyguard a lot of diamond merchants; I would travel with a suitcase full of diamonds and take them from point A to point B. My reputation grew because I was a professional. I did my job, and I was courteous - a no-nonsense guy. - Mr. T 

60. Sometimes you want to go for a walk and you don't want to be watched. You just want to be anonymous and blend in. Especially when I travel, I feel that way, because I can't really go out and see a city the way other people can and I miss out on a lot. - Madonna Ciccone 

61. When you travel so many weeks a year, it's always nice to have a home-cooked meal. - Maria Sharapova 

62. I want my handbags and my shoes to be stylish but I want to make sure that they're versatile. I travel and I have to make sure the pieces I put into my bag can go with a dress or with shorts or jeans. - Maria Sharapova 

63. When I travel, I love speaking to women around the world about the things that inspire them, the fashions they like, what makes something good and what would make it even better. - Maria Sharapova 

64. After a lifetime of world travel I've been fascinated that those in the third world don't have the same perception of reality that we do. - Jim Harrison 

65. Age focuses you. You are much better concentrated. There's more time when you travel less, don't do book tours, avoid interviews or public appearances. You walk the dogs, fish, hunt, cook and write. - Jim Harrison 

66. Actually, I had a lot of good people with me - my mother's sister did a lot of taking care of me, and I suppose I got more attention than my stepbrothers because at least I got to travel with my parents. - Julie Andrews 

67. I love to prune my roses. That's the one thing I really feel I do pretty well. Other things I usually, because I travel so much, leave to my gardeners who know what I love. But I do love to prune them, because you forget everything else. It's like if you're a painter, you can forget everything else while you're doing it. - Julie Andrews 

68. Life has been a really big whirlwind, but it's been a lot of fun. I travel so much, and I'm constantly doing things that I love, but it's just me. - Laurie Hernandez 

69. The Journey of Reconciliation was organized not only to devise techniques for eliminating Jim Crow in travel, but also as a training ground for similar peaceful projects against discrimination in such major areas as employment and in the armed services. - Bayard Rustin 

70. I am always exhausted; I am always trying to find more time to be with my family, which is why they travel with me so much. - John Tesh 

71. I think that one of the main privileges of what I do, which I am just starting to learn, is to have the ability to travel all over the world and experience different cultures. - Chris Cornell 

72. My mom loved fashion. We loved to travel and go to Italy and Paris. - Melania Trump 

73. Nobody controls me. I travel with my husband when I can, when I know that I can go, and I know that my son is okay alone for a few days with the help. - Melania Trump 

74. I like to go to work, and also, I don't have any kids. I don't have any hobbies. I don't like to travel. So going to work is kind of it. - Christopher Walken 

75. My life is really quite conservative. I've been married nearly 50 years. I don't have hobbies or children. I don't much care to travel. I've never had a big social life. I really just stay home, except when I go to work. - Christopher Walken 

76. People just hate the idea of losing. Any loss, even a small one, is just so terrible to contemplate that they compensate by buying insurance, including totally absurd policies like air travel. - Daniel Kahneman 

77. When 'Apollo 13' appeared as an opportunity and I began to tackle that in as authentic a way as I possibly could, I really became enthralled by the philosophical side of space travel and why we need to explore - what it means to us here on Earth - all of those things. I became a huge proponent. - Ron Howard 

78. If I have to travel, I'm going to travel my way and travel in the real world. And I'm going to have conversations every day with people in rest stops and people in gas stations and people in hotels and diners. That nourishes me. - Neil Peart 

79. All the privileged can travel, see different worlds; not everyone can. I think it is important for people to have an interesting locale nearby. - Zaha Hadid 

80. I'm a big fan of doing 'Triple D.' But I don't want to do it forever, don't get me wrong! Travel away from my family, are you crazy? But do you know what it does for these mom-and-pop restaurant joints? It changes their lives forever. I mean, their businesses will never be the same. - Guy Fieri 

81. I do not like people touching my underwear. That's just weird! I travel with a washer and dryer, and I like cooking on the bus, too. - Carrie Underwood 

82. Of course there were times, particularly when you travel, when it's very tough to leave the kids, particularly when they were very young. I would try to take them with me when I could just so they could experience and see a little bit of what a work day involved. - Anna Wintour 

83. I find the whole time travel question very unsettling if you take it to its logical extension. I think it might eventually be possible, but then what happens? - William Shatner 

84. I get a friend to travel with me... I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It's hard to be alone. - Leonardo DiCaprio 

85. Man is an artifact designed for space travel. He is not designed to remain in his present biologic state any more than a tadpole is designed to remain a tadpole. - William S. Burroughs 

86. There are few places you can find silence. Air travel could be the last fortress of solitude. - Regina Brett 

87. Snowboarding's tough, because you've got to go to the mountains. For me, I love the skateboard season because I get to hangout at home and still be skating. I don't have to travel to Norway or Japan or these crazy places to be snowboarding. - Shaun White 

88. Could I say that the reason that I am here today, you know, from the mouth of the State Department itself, is: I should not be allowed to travel because I have struggled for years for the independence of the colonial peoples of Africa. - Paul Robeson 

89. When you travel the world, you have to watch and you have to listen. We're not going to come in to Ireland without an understanding that there's a history that's very sensitive. - Chuck D 

90. I have a couple of go-to sneakers off the pitch. I like to have shoes that I can slip on and wear with anything. I travel often, so it's about finding those two or three pairs of shoes that can go with any outfit, whether they go with leggings or a skirt or a dress or jeans. - Alex Morgan 

91. The world reveals itself to those who travel on foot. - Werner Herzog 

92. I travel without barely any luggage. Just a second set of underwear and binoculars and a map and a toothbrush. - Werner Herzog 

93. The first book I did - the first successful book - was a kind of a travel book, and publishers in Britain encouraged me to do more. - Bill Bryson 

94. Big climbs energize me. It's all the other aspects of being a pro-climber that wear me down. The travel and expeditions and training can become pretty tiring. But the actual big climbs - that's what I live for. - Alex Honnold

95. At Southwest, they're on a mission to democratize air travel. When they first started, the only people who could fly were relatively wealthy businesspeople, and Herb Kelleher's vision was to offer everyone the chance to visit a friend or relative during a happy and a sad time. That's a vision employees can get excited about. - Ken Blanchard 

96. The bottom line is that time travel is allowed by the laws of physics. - Brian Greene 

97. I travel a lot, so I know that it's important to have people in your life to keep you ground. - Marley Dias 

98. There was part of me that wanted to see the world and travel to distant places, but I could only do it in my imagination, so I read ferociously and imagined things. - George R. R. Martin 

99. I've noticed that maybe my skin isn't as soft as it used to be when I was a younger. It's just not there anymore. I travel so much, and my skin gets so dry. - Chrissy Teigen 

100. Very early on, when I started doing these plays and live shows, I would travel from city to city, and there were a million shows out there... so I wanted to step out among it, and I started putting my name above the title. - Tyler Perry

Post a Comment

0 Comments