Top 100 Amazing Hope Quotes Vol.04


1. It is in the admission of ignorance and the admission of uncertainty that there is a hope for the continuous motion of human beings in some direction that doesn't get confined, permanently blocked, as it has so many times before in various periods in the history of man. - Richard P. Feynman 

2. Hope travels through, nor quits us when we die. - Alexander Pope 

3. If you die you're completely happy and your soul somewhere lives on. I'm not afraid of dying. Total peace after death, becoming someone else is the best hope I've got. - Kurt Cobain

4. If I were in the government, I would persuade the prime minister to see the beauty in the fact that people see Israel as a haven - from their sadness to their hope. - Elie Wiesel 

5. Solitude is not something you must hope for in the future. Rather, it is a deepening of the present, and unless you look for it in the present you will never find it. - Thomas Merton 

6. As long as the people don't fear the truth, there is hope. For once they fear it, the one who tells it doesn't stand a chance. And today, truth is still beautiful... but so frightening. - Alice Walker

7. Selfishness must always be forgiven you know, because there is no hope of a cure. - Jane Austen 

8. Love, we say, is life; but love without hope and faith is agonizing death. - Elbert Hubbard 

9. Marriage is the death of hope. - Woody Allen 

10. I sincerely hope I can contribute to the progress there has been in relations between Jews and Catholics since the Second Vatican Council in a spirit of renewed collaboration. - Pope Francis 

11. We must restore hope to young people, help the old, be open to the future, spread love. Be poor among the poor. We need to include the excluded and preach peace. - Pope Francis 

12. I made the argument that every growing demographic in this country - nonwhite voters, younger people - is trending Democratic. It's a ticking time bomb for the GOP. That's why I felt safe in saying that 'Republicans have no hope of making serious inroads into Democratic advantages in 2010 or likely 2012 or 2014 and so on.' - James Carville 

13. Be hopeful. Be optimistic. Never lose that sense of hope. - John Lewis 

14. I hope I didn't bore you too much with my life story. - Elvis Presley 

15. I try to encourage all my teammates, and I sure hope that some day all athletes - my kids, high school kids - get the same level of care I get. Because you can play for a long period of time without having knee replacements, without having all the major head trauma that people are dealing with. - Tom Brady 

16. The quality of light by which we scrutinize our lives has direct bearing upon the product which we live, and upon the changes which we hope to bring about through those lives. - Audre Lorde 

17. There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Mafia. - Kurt Vonnegut 

18. I hope to build a reputation as a science-fiction writer. That's the pitch. We'll see. - Kurt Vonnegut 

19. In the long term we can hope that religion will change the nature of man and reduce conflict. But history is not encouraging in this respect. The bloodiest wars in history have been religious wars. - Richard M. Nixon 

20. We view ourselves on the eve of battle. We are nerved for the conquest and must conquer or perish. It is vain to look for present aid: None is at hand. We must now act or abandon all hope! - Sam Houston 

21. You want to play another kind of character in another genre, and it's been something I've been trying to do if I can in the career so far, and it's something I hope to continue because it's interesting to me and you get to do different things as an actor. - Keanu Reeves 

22. I've been pleased to work with so many wonderful stars through the years. This has been an amazing journey. I hope it continues. - Keanu Reeves 

23. No matter what you may think about her politics or her record, Hillary Clinton understands that this is not reality television; this is reality. She understands the job of president. It involves finding solutions, not pointing fingers; and offering hope, not stoking fear. - Michael Bloomberg 

24. Never marry someone in hope that they'll change later. - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

25. Hope is the magic carpet that transports us from the present moment into the realm of infinite possibilities. - H. Jackson Brown, Jr. 

26. Hope is not a resting place but a starting point - a cactus, not a cushion. - H. Jackson Brown, Jr. 

27. While we may lose heart, we never have to lose hope. - H. Jackson Brown, Jr. 

28. When a man becomes a Christian, he becomes industrious, trustworthy and prosperous. Now, if that man, when he gets all he can and saves all he can, does not give all he can, I have more hope for Judas Iscariot than for that man! - John Wesley 

29. I asked long ago, 'What must I do to be saved?' The Scripture answered, 'Keep the commandments, believe, hope, love.' I was early warned against laying, as the Papists do, too much stress on outward works, or on a faith without works, which as it does not include, so it will never lead to true hope or charity. - John Wesley 

30. I have seen (as far as it can be seen) many persons changed in a moment from the spirit of horror, fear, and despair to the spirit of hope, joy, peace; and from sinful desires, till then reigning over them, to a pure desire of doing the will of God. - John Wesley 

31. Many possessions, if they do not make a man better, are at least expected to make his children happier; and this pathetic hope is behind many exertions. - George Santayana 

32. For a long time, I have hoped for better days, but alas, today it is necessary for me to lose all hope. My poor wife suffers more and more. I do not think it is possible to be any weaker. - Claude Monet 

33. Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one. - John Lennon 

34. And God help Bruce Springsteen when they decide he's no longer God... They'll turn on him, and I hope he survives it. - John Lennon 

35. When everything works best, it's not because you chose writing but because writing chose you. It's when you're mad with it, it's when it's stuffed in your ears, your nostrils, under your fingernails. It's when there's no hope but that. - Charles Bukowski 

36. I have not worked out my poems with a careful will, falling rather on haphazard and blind formulation of wordage, a more flowing concept, in a hope for a more new and lively path. I do personalize at times, but this only for the grace and élan of the dance. - Charles Bukowski 

37. I'm hopeful. I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington, obviously. But I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely to succeed with success as opposed to failure. - George W. Bush 

38. Hundreds of thousands of American servicemen and women are deployed across the world in the war on terror. By bringing hope to the oppressed, and delivering justice to the violent, they are making America more secure. - George W. Bush 

39. You do projects with the hope they will be big and hope they will go beyond what you imagine. - Kevin Hart 

40. Life has changed enormously, and I hope - I hope more people read good things. - Barbara Bush 

41. Hope is a very unruly emotion. - Gloria Steinem 

42. I hope to live to 100. There is so much to do. - Gloria Steinem 

43. Let us recollect that peace or war will not always be left to our option; that however moderate or unambitious we may be, we cannot count upon the moderation, or hope to extinguish the ambition of others. - Alexander Hamilton 

44. I hope that no more groans of wounded men and women will ever go to the ear of the Great Spirit Chief above, and that all people may be one people. - Chief Joseph

45. One of my favorite people is Gypsy Rose Lee. She bears out the Biblical promise that he who has, gets. And I hope she gets a lot more. - Hedy Lamarr 

46. If you use your imagination, you can look at any actress and see her nude... I hope to make you use your imagination. - Hedy Lamarr 

47. I knew I was a winner back in the late sixties. I knew I was destined for great things. People will say that kind of thinking is totally immodest. I agree. Modesty is not a word that applies to me in any way - I hope it never will. - Arnold Schwarzenegger 

48. One thing I hope I'll never be is drunk with my own power. And anybody who says I am will never work in this town again. - Jim Carrey 

49. Now, I look at where I am now and I know what I wanna to do. What I would like to be able to do is to spend whatever time I have left and to give, and maybe some hope to others. - Jim Valvano 

50. The most effective leaders are actually better at guarding against danger when they acknowledge it that it exists. Cowards, in contrast, cling to the hope that failure will never happen and may be sloppy in the face of danger - not because they don't acknowledge that it exists, but because they are just too afraid of it to look it in the eye. - Simon Sinek 

51. The happy Union of these States is a wonder; their Constitution a miracle; their example the hope of Liberty throughout the world. - James Madison 

52. I started out writing poems before I figured to put melodies to them and play the guitar. Somewhere, there's a book out there on all those early songs and poems. I hope no one ever finds it. I don't think it's my finest work. - Willie Nelson 

53. I have a living will and I have friends, and I have money and I have hope. - Terry Pratchett 

54. It is often when night looks darkest, it is often before the fever breaks that one senses the gathering momentum for change, when one feels that resurrection of hope in the midst of despair and apathy. - Hillary Clinton 

55. The worst thing that can happen in a democracy - as well as in an individual's life - is to become cynical about the future and lose hope. - Hillary Clinton 

56. Gratitude is merely the secret hope of further favors. - Francois de La Rochefoucauld 

57. Hope, deceiving as it is, serves at least to lead us to the end of our lives by an agreeable route. - Francois de La Rochefoucauld 

58. In most of mankind gratitude is merely a secret hope of further favors. - Francois de La Rochefoucauld 

59. Love can no more continue without a constant motion than fire can; and when once you take hope and fear away, you take from it its very life and being. - Francois de La Rochefoucauld 

60. You spell Bob Hope C-L-A-S-S. - Lucille Ball 

61. I don't think you should write a book until you tell the absolute truth. You can't do that until you're 85, and I don't want to live that long. I've always prided myself on knowing when to get off, and I hope it works out that way. - Lucille Ball 

62. Hope lies in having more faith in the power of God to heal us than in the power of anything to hurt or destroy us. In realizing that as children of God we are bigger than our problems, we have the power at last to confront them. - Marianne Williamson 

63. We live in a world of constant juxtaposition between joy that's possible and pain that's all too common. We hope for love and success and abundance, but we never quite forget that there is always lurking the possibility of disaster. - Marianne Williamson 

64. Keep all special thoughts and memories for lifetimes to come. Share these keepsakes with others to inspire hope and build from the past, which can bridge to the future. - Mattie Stepanek 

65. God gives me hope that there is something greater than us, something better and bigger than the here and now, that can help us live. - Mattie Stepanek 

66. My story is the story of thousands of children from around the world. I hope it inspires others to stand up for their rights. - Malala Yousafzai 

67. I hope that one day when I'll go back to Pakistan, I will build a university like Harvard. - Malala Yousafzai 

68. In Kenya, I met wonderful girls; girls who wanted to help their communities. I was with them in their school, listening to their dreams. They still have hope. They want to be doctor and teachers and engineers. - Malala Yousafzai 

69. Present, n. That part of eternity dividing the domain of disappointment from the realm of hope. - Ambrose Bierce 

70. Litigant. A person about to give up his skin for the hope of retaining his bones. - Ambrose Bierce 

71. Man is, properly speaking, based upon hope, he has no other possession but hope; this world of his is emphatically the place of hope. - Thomas Carlyle 

72. He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything. - Thomas Carlyle 

73. It is a vain hope to make people happy by politics. - Thomas Carlyle 

74. The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all our most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its renewal is our only hope. - Wendell Berry 

75. If you start in the pit of despair with these profane, awful things, even a glimmer of hope or awareness is going to occur that's much brighter coming from this dark, awful beginning. - Chuck Palahniuk 

76. Of the big horror movies of the '70s, you have 'The Omen,' 'The Sentinel,' 'Rosemary's Baby,' 'The Stepford Wives,' 'Burnt Offerings' - these are all romantic fatalist movies where there's a sort of glimmer of hope... but darkness wins. - Chuck Palahniuk 

77. I've stated my position, and that is that we do not need a contraption to play the game of golf. I would hope that we'd play under one set of rules, and those rules would include a ban on the long putter hooked to the body in some way, shape or form. - Arnold Palmer 

78. I've stated my position, and that is we do not need a contraption to play the game of golf. I would hope that we'd play under one set of rules, and those rules would include a ban on the long putter hooked to the body in some way, shape or form. - Arnold Palmer 

79. If you keep thinking about what you want to do or what you hope will happen, you don't do it, and it won't happen. - Desiderius Erasmus 

80. In addition to being what we are as BTS, we wanted to bring some changes, and we actually wanted to evolve as a group. We wanted to show our many colors, but we still want to console others and give hope to others. - Suga 

81. To withdraw is not to run away, and to stay is no wise action, when there's more reason to fear than to hope. - Miguel de Cervantes 

82. A mission is a place where you ask nonbelievers to come and find faith and hope and feel love. - Robert H. Schuller 

83. My favorite fruit is grapes. Because with grapes, you always get another chance. 'Cause, you know, if you have a crappy apple or a peach, you're stuck with that crappy piece of fruit. But if you have a crappy grape, no problem - just move on to the next. 'Grapes: The Fruit of Hope.' - Demetri Martin 

84. I think that when you get dressed in the morning, sometimes you're really making a decision about your behavior for the day. Like if you put on flipflops, you're saying: 'Hope I don't get chased today.' 'Be nice to people in sneakers.' - Demetri Martin 

85. I feel sorry for anybody that could let hate wrap them up. Ain't no such thing as I can hate anybody and hope to see God's face. - Fannie Lou Hamer 

86. A propensity to hope and joy is real riches; one to fear and sorrow real poverty. - David Hume 

87. My hope is that 10 years from now, after I've been across the street at work for a while, they'll all be glad they gave me that wonderful vote. - Sandra Day O'Connor 

88. I hope to have communion with the people, that is the most important thing. - Pope John Paul II 

89. There is no hope unmingled with fear, and no fear unmingled with hope. - Baruch Spinoza 

90. Fear cannot be without hope nor hope without fear. - Baruch Spinoza 

91. I've never had a writer's block, but still I think: 'Is it going to happen this time?' You never know what you're going to get; you just put your fingers on the keys and hope. - Elton John 

92. I hope that Facebook and other Internet technologies were able to help people, just like we hope that we help them communicate and organize and do whatever they want to every single day, but I don't pretend that if Facebook didn't exist, that this wouldn't even be possible. Of course, it would have. - Mark Zuckerberg 

93. Ideology, politics and journalism, which luxuriate in failure, are impotent in the face of hope and joy. - P. J. O'Rourke 

94. Will Generation X and the Millennials do a better job running the world than the boomers have? Let's hope so. - P. J. O'Rourke 

95. There is only one thing that gives me hope as a Republican, and that is the Democrats. It's going to be hard to do a worse job running American than the Republicans have, but if anybody can do it, it's the Democrats. - P. J. O'Rourke

96. In the language of politics, there is only one translation for the phrase 'hope and change,' to wit: 'big, fat government.' - P. J. O'Rourke 

97. Keep hope alive! - Jesse Jackson 

98. Today's students can put dope in their veins or hope in their brains. If they can conceive it and believe it, they can achieve it. They must know it is not their aptitude but their attitude that will determine their altitude. - Jesse Jackson 

99. For me, Barack Obama's election was a milestone of the most extraordinary kind. On the day he was elected I felt such hope in my heart. I thought we were seeing the beginning of a new era of equal opportunity across race and gender such as America had never known before. - Jesse Jackson 

100. There is no hope even that woman, with her right to vote, will ever purify politics. - Emma Goldman

Post a Comment

0 Comments