Top 100 Amazing Health Quotes Vol.04


1. To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost. - Gustave Flaubert 

2. I don't think it should be a surprise when we're talking about energy and trying to have more home-grown energy, be less reliant on foreign oil when you look at our health care that we're trying to get more affordable health care, that these are going to create major debates in this country and be somewhat polarizing. - Amy Klobuchar 

3. I believe we can incentivize more affordable health care in general by better regulating insurance and creating meaningful competition for health care services. - Amy Klobuchar 

4. I would prefer a public option that would be a competitive option that would allow people to buy into a Federal Employee Health Benefits Program, which is a series of private plans. - Amy Klobuchar 

5. As president, Barack Obama has the potential to finally bring our country together to meet the enormous challenges ahead. This includes restoring economic prosperity, moving toward energy independence, delivering affordable health care for all, and implementing a responsible, effective foreign policy. - Amy Klobuchar 

6. Religion is part of the human make-up. It's also part of our cultural and intellectual history. Religion was our first attempt at literature, the texts, our first attempt at cosmology, making sense of where we are in the universe, our first attempt at health care, believing in faith healing, our first attempt at philosophy. - Christopher Hitchens

7. Sometimes people ask me how difficult the astronaut program was, but being in Sierra Leone, being responsible for the health of more than 200 people, seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, at age 26 - that prepared me to take on a lot of different challenges. - Mae Jemison 

8. As long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. - Pythagoras

9. True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost. - Charles Caleb Colton 

10. No company is preferable to bad. We are more apt to catch the vices of others than virtues, as disease is far more contagious than health. - Charles Caleb Colton 

11. Metro police can't infuse hope into those for whom hope is foreign. The algorithm does not exist that can heal the traumatized. Data-driven predictions won't result in the delivery of mental health services. - Greg Boyle 

12. A considerable share of the world's population still cannot afford comfortable housing, education and quality health care. - Vladimir Putin 

13. There's a lot of people in this world who spend so much time watching their health that they haven't the time to enjoy it. - Josh Billings 

14. A library is a place that is a repository of information and gives every citizen equal access to it. That includes health information. And mental health information. It's a community space. It's a place of safety, a haven from the world. - Neil Gaiman 

15. Folks, the most insidious part of this whole health care scheme is that all of these vast medical expenditures will become nothing more than government budget items. We individuals will no longer exist. The relationship between a government and citizen will change forever. - Rush Limbaugh 

16. This Obamacare program has Obama's name on it. He lied to people for three years about this program. People trusted him. People believed what he told them. They believed that he was going to improve the health care system in this country, and it was going to get cheaper, more affordable, more plentiful. - Rush Limbaugh 

17. If you're healthy, if you don't get sick much, if you don't go to the doctor much or use your health insurance much, you are a genetic lottery winner. It has nothing to do with the way you live, nothing to do with doing the right things. It's just sheer luck, and you are gonna pay for that. - Rush Limbaugh 

18. You cannot keep your plan and have Obamacare at the same time. Obamacare, by definition, gets rid of your plan and replaces it with health care run by the federal government. - Rush Limbaugh

 19. You have to understand the way the liberal looks at something working. Their purpose here is not to provide you health care cheaply, affordably and plentifully. That's not what this is about to them. - Rush Limbaugh

20. Obamacare is not about improved health care or cheaper insurance or better treatment or insuring the uninsured, and it never has been about that. It's about statism. It's about expanding the government. It's about control over the population. It is about everything but health care. - Rush Limbaugh 

21. Global warming is a political issue. It is as much a political issue to the left as abortion is. It's as big a political issue as health care is. - Rush Limbaugh 

22. There are a lot of Democrats that tell me that they are just distressed over what Obama has done to the health care industry and to jobs. They are afraid to say anything about it because of recriminations, because this regime fights back. - Rush Limbaugh 

23. I am opposed to Obama's efforts to destroy the American economy. I'm opposed to Obama's efforts to so-called fix the health care system. I'm opposed to the way Obama wants to go about fixing unemployment. - Rush Limbaugh 

24. Health care's like any other product or service: if the consumer is in charge of spending his money on it, then the market will make sure that it is affordable. - Rush Limbaugh 

25. There should not be one new dime in tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires as long as millions of children in America are poor, hungry, uneducated and without health coverage. - Marian Wright Edelman 

26. It was very clear to me in 1965, in Mississippi, that, as a lawyer, I could get people into schools, desegregate the schools, but if they were kicked off the plantations - and if they didn't have food, didn't have jobs, didn't have health care, didn't have the means to exercise those civil rights, we were not going to have success. - Marian Wright Edelman 

27. Hunger and malnutrition have devastating consequences for children and have been linked to low birth weight and birth defects, obesity, mental and physical health problems, and poorer educational outcomes. - Marian Wright Edelman 

28. We need people building companies all over the country to innovate in aviation, consumer products, education, health, cybersecurity, biotech, manufacturing, and everything in between. - Andrew Yang 

29. I would not outlaw or eliminate private health insurance. But if we do a good enough job, with a robust public option, there really should not be as much of a need for private insurance in the market. - Andrew Yang 

30. Youth is the spirit of adventure and awakening. It is a time of physical emerging when the body attains the vigor and good health that may ignore the caution of temperance. Youth is a period of timelessness when the horizons of age seem too distant to be noticed. - Ezra Taft Benson 

31. As we dread any disease that undermines the health of the body, so should we deplore contention, which is a corroding canker of the spirit. - Russell M. Nelson 

32. My age and health will never allow me to realize the dream of art I've been pursuing all my life. - Paul Cezanne 

33. The awareness that health is dependent upon habits that we control makes us the first generation in history that to a large extent determines its own destiny. - Jimmy Carter 

34. The fact is that we would have had comprehensive health care now, had it not been for Ted Kennedy's deliberately blocking the legislation that I proposed in 1978 or '79. - Jimmy Carter 

35. I think all Americans believe in human rights. And health is an often overlooked aspect of basic human rights. And it's one that's easily corrected. The reason I say that is that many of the diseases that we treat around the world, I knew when I was a child. My mother was a registered nurse. And they no longer exist in our country. - Jimmy Carter 

36. Think of an economy where people could be an artist or a photographer or a writer without worrying about keeping their day job in order to have health insurance. - Nancy Pelosi 

37. I think about my parents all the time, especially on Sunday when I'm at Mass. My mother always said, 'We do not pray to win elections. We pray for people's health, we pray that God's will be done, we pray that we do our best. But we do not pray to win elections.' - Nancy Pelosi 

38. I had a friend who was getting married. I said, 'You're getting married - I didn't know about all this!' She said, 'I need health benefits.' - Nancy Pelosi 

39. Mental health, for me, is doing everything I can to help this team win. Sitting around not doing anything isn't something I've been too big on since I was young. - Colin Kaepernick 

40. Happiness is nothing but good health and freedom, and money is the single best way you can buy your freedom. - Scott Adams 

41. I think my health is probably fine. Let's be honest, you never know what could happen to somebody, but I think I'm in very good shape right now. - Newt Gingrich 

42. Good health and good sense are two of life's greatest blessings. - Publilius Syrus 

43. Don't ask for a million dollars. Ask for the stuff that'll get you a million dollars - your health, your brain, your sanity, wisdom. Prepare me for when I do get that million. Make sure I don't go crazy, make sure I help my family. - Future 

44. If we focus on our health, including our inner health, our self-esteem, and how we look at ourselves and our confidence level, we'll tend to be healthier people anyway, we'll tend to make better choices for our lives, for our bodies, we'll always be trying to learn more, and get better as time goes on. - Queen Latifah 

45. Hollywood is a cross between a health farm, a recreation center and an insane asylum. It's a company town, and I happen to like the company! - Michael Caine 

46. Well, you know my number one cause has always been that women's reproductive health needs to be protected. - Ann Richards 

47. I work very hard on my health, and I think about it, of course, like I've never thought before. - Ann Richards 

48. 2013 was a year of myths falling apart. The myth of President Obama - a myth in which Obama was a messianic figure descending to bequeath health care, equality, and brotherhood on mankind - imploded. The myth of an America embracing the leftist social agenda collapsed. - Ben Shapiro 

49. Obamacare has made the government part of our health care decisions. The IRS controls all of our financial information. The NSA apparently sees everything else. - Ben Shapiro 

50. Health is the state about which medicine has nothing to say. - W. H. Auden 

51. Our bodies are truly the result of what we eat, what we think about, and the exercise we receive. If we are not wise, these little things can soon cause major health problems that will limit our success and ability to serve. - Joseph B. Wirthlin 

52. The notion that you can endanger your physical and mental health by letting strong passions go unsatisfied is a vicious falsehood. - Joseph B. Wirthlin 

53. Pride and vanity, the opposites of humility, can destroy our spiritual health as surely as a debilitating disease can destroy our physical health. - Joseph B. Wirthlin 

54. Priesthood quorums teach and assist their members to attain good health, financial stability, and a year's supply of food and clothing. They also teach their members to be self-reliant and to give their time, talents, and means in behalf of the Church, community, and needy. - Joseph B. Wirthlin 

55. Perfect freedom is as necessary to the health and vigor of commerce as it is to the health and vigor of citizenship. - Patrick Henry 

56. Costs for liability insurance are higher than costs for many procedures. There is a need to reform liability laws to stop out-of-control health care costs. - Temple Grandin 

57. It's like, hmm, there's people with $2000 weaves that could have bought health care with that weave money. They don't have insurance. People want what they want. And I guess that is a reason we have this big credit card problem and a lot of these foreclosures. - Chris Rock 

58. Engaged, enthusiastic, and loyal employees are pivotal drivers of growth and health in any organization. - Patrick Lencioni 

59. I have yet to meet members of a leadership team who I thought lacked the intelligence or the domain expertise required to be successful. I've met many, however, who failed to foster organizational health. Their companies were riddled with politics, various forms of dysfunction, and general confusion about their direction and mission. - Patrick Lencioni 

60. As an athlete, I understood the value of my health insurance. I knew that in my profession, injuries were common and could happen at any time. - Magic Johnson 

61. Everyone should have the opportunity to get affordable, quality health coverage. - Magic Johnson 

62. The bottom line is, I'm blessed with good health. On top of that, I don't go around thinking 'Oh, I'm 90, I better do this or I better do that.' I'm just Betty. I'm the same Betty that I've always been. Take it or leave it. - Betty White 

63. Wendy Malick and Valerie Bertinelli make fun of me, but I take care of my health - I don't abuse it. - Betty White 

64. I'm not into animal rights. I'm only into animal welfare and health. I've been with the Morris Animal Foundation since the '70s. We're a health organization. We fund campaign health studies for dogs, cats, lizards and wildlife. I've worked with the L.A. Zoo for about the same length of time. I get my animal fixes! - Betty White 

65. It is reasonable to expect the doctor to recognize that science may not have all the answers to problems of health and healing. - Norman Cousins 

66. It contributes greatly towards a man's moral and intellectual health, to be brought into habits of companionship with individuals unlike himself, who care little for his pursuits, and whose sphere and abilities he must go out of himself to appreciate. - Nathaniel Hawthorne 

67. All the money in the world can't buy you back good health. - Reba McEntire 

68. Children born to teens have less supportive and stimulating environments, poorer health, lower cognitive development, and worse educational outcomes. Children of teen mothers are at increased risk of being in foster care and becoming teen parents themselves, thereby repeating the cycle. - Jane Fonda 

69. Your competition is not other people but the time you kill, the ill will you create, the knowledge you neglect to learn, the connections you fail to build, the health you sacrifice along the path, your inability to generate ideas, the people around you who don't support and love your efforts, and whatever god you curse for your bad luck. - James Altucher 

70. The key to the future in an aging society is not found in increasing just our life span; we need to increase our health span at the same time. - Chuck Norris 

71. If Obama raises my company's taxes by 20 percent, how am I going to be able to survive as a company? Well, if I've got 30 employees, that means I'm going to have to lay off 10 employees so I can be able to keep up with the health and benefits and pension plans for my other 20 employees. - Chuck Norris 

72. Parks represent an efficient, cost-effective way to improve public health. - Chuck Norris 

73. Veterans are generally reluctant to seek mental health care. - Chuck Norris 

74. Every day, we are bombarded with a multitude of toxins in the environment. We know that the negative health impacts from this constant exposure can add up. - Chuck Norris 

75. The worst thing that can happen to a man is to lose his money, the next worst his health, the next worst his reputation. - Samuel Butler 

76. The seven deadly sins: Want of money, bad health, bad temper, chastity, family ties, knowing that you know things, and believing in the Christian religion. - Samuel Butler 

77. We need to establish boundaries between our personal and professional lives. When we don't, our work, our health, and our personal lives suffer. - Travis Bradberry 

78. It's difficult to know when to set boundaries around your health at work because the decline is so gradual. Allowing stress to build up, losing sleep, and sitting all day without exercising all add up. - Travis Bradberry 

79. I got sent to a health camp when I was about 6 years old, and we all had to wear the same starchy blue uniform. The lady who took care of me after school knit me a burgundy sweater. It was the only thing that gave me any individuality. - Barbra Streisand 

80. Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits. - William Hazlitt 

81. I was born on the other side of the tracks, in public housing in Brooklyn, New York. My dad never made more than $20,000 a year, and I grew up in a family that lost health insurance. So I was scarred at a young age with understanding what it was like to watch my parents lose access to the American dream. - Howard Schultz 

82. Many companies today are reducing hours of full-time people to get under the minimum so they don't have to pay health care costs. I just shake my head because that's not going to build long-term value and trust with your people. - Howard Schultz 

83. If you look at coffee, tea, food and juice, we think there are inherent opportunities. If you look at health bars or grab-and-go products that are in our stores, we think we can significantly enhance them and make them more widely available. - Howard Schultz 

84. My main goal is to stay healthy because when you're injured you realize how lucky you are to have your health. - Maria Sharapova 

85. Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better. - Robert Redford 

86. In the same vein as these events, National Minority Health Month also serves as a reminder of how much work needs to be done to eliminate health and healthcare inequities. - Elijah Cummings 

87. I've started to treat my health like a science project. - Sophia Bush 

88. I think the United States and the secretary of State should be concerned about the poverty in this country - people without health insurance. The United States should stop being the empire and be concerned about other countries. You've got to be more worried about your own people. - Hugo Chavez 

89. I neglected my health, and I was reluctant to have medical check-ups. It was a fundamental mistake for a revolutionary, to the Venezuelan people and the international public opinion. - Hugo Chavez 

90. If you're working out in front of a mirror and watching your muscles grow, your ego has reached a point where it is now eating itself. That's why I believe there should be a psychiatrist at every health club, so that when they see you doing this, they will take you away for a little chat. - Lewis Black 

91. The fear of health care changing is beyond belief. Like there's a way to make the system worse. Really? - Lewis Black 

92. Every year, my mom makes sure I have my checkups and everything, which is probably a really good idea. She's great with all that health stuff. - Laurie Hernandez 

93. Great amount of scientific research is there to show that health is better because transcendental meditation deals with consciousness, and consciousness is the basic value of all the physical expressions. The entire creation is the expression of consciousness. - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi 

94. I am upset and completely disappointed in the government, the millionaires and billionaires in the U.S. See what's happening to the country? Look at all the health problems, the economy, the recession and crime. - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi 

95. The idea that there is one kind of African is, of course, ridiculous. Sometimes African entrepreneurs want to kill you because you are saying public health is the priority, not roads. Of course they are right to press for that issue, but so are we right, I believe, to argue, for example, that millions of children could and should be vaccinated. - Bono 

96. With health care, despite the fact that we as a nation have already chosen to provide health care in one form or another to everyone, we have, until Obamacare, chosen to pick the least cost-effective means, a mix of private and public offerings, of providing that care. That makes no sense. - Mark Cuban 

97. When someone has to go to the hospital because they don't have insurance - and by the way, I think the insurance companies should be out of the mix altogether - but when someone needs health care, and they don't have the ability to pay for it, in our communities, we end up paying for it one way or the other. - Mark Cuban 

98. Money is to my social existence what health is to my body. - Mason Cooley 

99. I hope for your help to explore and protect the wild ocean in ways that will restore the health and, in so doing, secure hope for humankind. Health to the ocean means health for us. - Sylvia Earle 

100. Health to the ocean means health for us. - Sylvia Earle

Post a Comment

0 Comments