Top 100 Amazing Time Quotes Vol.04


1. We have to move into the 21st century, but we should do so with great care to build a 'bi-literate' brain that has the circuitry for 'deep reading' skills and, at the same time, is adept with technology. - Maryanne Wolf 

2. Reading or written language is a cultural invention that necessitated totally new connections among structures in the human brain underlying language, perception, cognition, and, over time, our emotions. - Maryanne Wolf 

3. When I first went to rugby, I wanted it all; I just wanted it all, and you know, I thought it was just going to happen just like that, but I've come to learn that good things take time. - Sonny Bill Williams 

4. Every time you step out on that field, it's tough. There is no easy way to approach it and no short cuts out there. - Sonny Bill Williams 

5. That's the beautiful thing about being a father for the first time; it has really made me get my concentration levels in check. - Sonny Bill Williams 

6. For myself, it's trying to do my best in whatever I am doing. At this time, it is boxing; then when I get home, I want to be the best father, the best husband, the best man I can be. - Sonny Bill Williams 

7. I'm still trying to decide. It's a really difficult one because I really enjoy my time in the Air Force. And I'd love to continue it. But the pressures of my other life are building. And fighting them off or balancing the two of them has proven quite difficult. - Prince William 

8. The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made. - Tim Duncan 

9. I know America is very nice and very good people. I'm a professional athlete. I come here. I never have a problem with somebody about my religion, about my name. I am happy. I'm always comfortable because I never do anything wrong. All the time I do something right. I follow all the rules. - Khabib Nurmagomedov 

10. Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years. - Ausonius 

11. Every time you have to speak, you are auditioning for leadership. - James Humes 

12. We must find new lands from which we can easily obtain raw materials and at the same time exploit the cheap slave labor that is available from the natives of the colonies. The colonies would also provide a dumping ground for the surplus goods produced in our factories. - Cecil Rhodes 

13. I've had a tough time learning how to act like a congressman. Today I accidentally spent some of my own money. - Joseph P. Kennedy 

14. I'll tell you what I'm grateful for, and that's the clarity of understanding that the most important things in life are health, family and friends, and the time to spend on them. - Kenneth Branagh 

15. There was a lot of pressure to find a genre and stick to it. People would tell me all the time, 'You can't be all things to everyone.' I would say, 'I'm not trying to be! I'm being what I want to be for myself.' - Tyler Joseph 

16. The pretty fellows you speak of, I own entertain me sometimes, but is it impossible to be diverted with what one despises? I can laugh at a puppet show, at the same time I know there is nothing in it worth my attention or regard. - Mary Wortley Montagu 

17. Writers of novels and romance in general bring a double loss to their readers; robbing them of their time and money; representing men, manners, and things, that never have been, or are likely to be. - Mary Wortley Montagu 

18. Time has the same effect on the mind as on the face; the predominant passion and the strongest feature become more conspicuous from the others' retiring. - Mary Wortley Montagu 

19. Girls grab me all the time. To me, that's regular, so it's not really crazy. - Tyga 

20. Don't compare me to Babe Ruth. God gave me the opportunity and the ability to be here at the right time, at the right moment, just like he gave Babe Ruth when he was playing. I just hope I can keep doing what I've been doing - keep taking care of business. - Sammy Sosa 

21. Sometimes, we have to turn our camera to a mirror to shoot something, and people think, 'Oh, that's very stylish.' Yes it is, but at the same time, we did it because we are shooting in a very small space, and that was our only option. - Wong Kar-wai 

22. Every day, you have to prove yourself and convince - move forward and challenge yourself. And doubt all the time. - Christine Lagarde 

23. I would play games long enough to discover what games were doing and how they were doing it. And then I'd spend the rest of my time building. - Tim Sweeney 

24. As basic rules of a language must be practiced continually, and therefore are never fixed, so exercises toward distinct color effects never are done or over. New and different cases will be discovered time and again. - Josef Albers 

25. I love that quiet time when nobody's up and the animals are all happy to see me. - Olivia Newton-John 

26. It is part of the photographer's job to see more intensely than most people do. He must have and keep in him something of the receptiveness of the child who looks at the world for the first time or of the traveler who enters a strange country. - Bill Brandt 

27. The tombstone is about the only thing that can stand upright and lie on its face at the same time. - Mary Wilson Little 

28. I think there's a right time for everything, and I'm a true believer that everything happens for a reason. - Bella Hadid 

29. They get you to do a lot of stuff on 'Star Trek' by saying it's the first time this is ever gonna happen on 'Star Trek.' - Mary Wiseman 

30. It is at the time of dawn that we must commune with the gods. - Apollonius of Tyana 

31. Seven years is a long time, and he was there for me, when my mum died. He was very compassionate at that time. I couldn't have found anyone better in that situation. - Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark 

32. Time becomes more precious when you have children. - Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark 

33. There's childhood and early onset bipolar, but it transitions in your early adulthood into something a little bit different, and extremely severe. It was at that time that my impulse control just went out the window. Impulse control when you're manic just disappears. - Marya Hornbacher 

34. The nature of injustice is that we may not always see it in our own time. - Anthony Kennedy 

35. I'm trying to do what I have never done - give the impression one has on entering a room: one sees everything and at the same time nothing. - Pierre Bonnard 

36. I was a really big fan of cartoons growing up, and I loved to read too much into them most of the time. - Rebecca Sugar 

37. We are each of us composed of atoms, but equally, we are composed by time. - Mohsin Hamid 

38. As far as I know, Vera Miles had a terrible time with Hitchcock, and she wanted to get out of the contract. He didn't let her. She did 'Psycho,' and I believe, if you look at 'Psycho,' there isn't one close up of Vera, not one. After that, she would never even speak about him to anyone. - Tippi Hedren 

39. Investing is a business where you can look very silly for a long period of time before you are proven right. - Bill Ackman 

40. I have to bring to your notice a terrifying reality: with the development of nuclear weapons Man has acquired, for the first time in history, the technical means to destroy the whole of civilization in a single act. - Joseph Rotblat 

41. It's the right idea, but not the right time. - John Dalton 

42. Mama was a natural cook. At harvest time, she would whip up a noontime dinner for the men in the field: fried chicken with milk gravy, ham, mashed potatoes, lima beans, field peas, corn, slaw, sliced tomatoes, fried apples, biscuits, and peach pie. - Bobbie Ann Mason 

43. As to war, I am and always was a great enemy, at the same time a warrior the greater part of my life and were I young again, should still be a warrior while ever this country should be invaded and I lived. - Daniel Morgan 

44. 'Party Down' was one of the most magical, special experiences of my professional career. Also special in my personal life, too. I made really good friends, and I had just a great time, and it was a great part. - Ken Marino 

45. The ostensible subject of my photographs may be motion, but the subtext is time. A dancer's movements illustrate the passage of time, giving it a substance, materiality, and space. In my photographs, time is stopped, a split second becomes an eternity, and an ephemeral moment is solid as sculpture. - Lois Greenfield 

46. I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain 

47. The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. - Mark Twain 

48. A round man cannot be expected to fit in a square hole right away. He must have time to modify his shape. - Mark Twain 

49. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. - Mark Twain 

50. Loyalty to the Nation all the time, loyalty to the Government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain 

51. Substitute 'damn' every time you're inclined to write 'very'; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be. - Mark Twain 

52. A youth, when at home, should be filial and, abroad, respectful to his elders. He should be earnest and truthful. He should overflow in love to all and cultivate the friendship of the good. When he has time and opportunity, after the performance of these things, he should employ them in polite studies. - Confucius 

53. Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on. - Winston Churchill 

54. If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack. - Winston Churchill 

55. No idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered with a searching but at the same time a steady eye. - Winston Churchill 

56. When I am abroad, I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the government of my own country. I make up for lost time when I come home. - Winston Churchill 

57. This is no time for ease and comfort. It is time to dare and endure. - Winston Churchill 

58. It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link of the chain of destiny can be handled at a time. - Winston Churchill 

59. If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. - Henry David Thoreau 

60. A broad margin of leisure is as beautiful in a man's life as in a book. Haste makes waste, no less in life than in housekeeping. Keep the time, observe the hours of the universe, not of the cars. - Henry David Thoreau 

61. The finest workers in stone are not copper or steel tools, but the gentle touches of air and water working at their leisure with a liberal allowance of time. - Henry David Thoreau 

62. As if you could kill time without injuring eternity. - Henry David Thoreau 

63. The only obligation which I have a right to assume is to do at any time what I think right. - Henry David Thoreau

 64. I left the woods for as good a reason as I went there. Perhaps it seemed to me that I had several more lives to live and could not spare any more time for that one. - Henry David Thoreau 

65. It is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness and I pronounce it as certain that there was never a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous. - Benjamin Franklin 

66. Take time for all things: great haste makes great waste. - Benjamin Franklin 

67. Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. - Benjamin Franklin 

68. There never was a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous. - Benjamin Franklin 

69. Employ thy time well, if thou meanest to gain leisure. - Benjamin Franklin 

70. Leisure is the time for doing something useful. This leisure the diligent person will obtain the lazy one never. - Benjamin Franklin 

71. If time be of all things the most precious, wasting time must be the greatest prodigality. - Benjamin Franklin 

72. Each year one vicious habit discarded, in time might make the worst of us good. - Benjamin Franklin 

73. Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time. - Benjamin Franklin 

74. Children begin by loving their parents; after a time they judge them; rarely, if ever, do they forgive them. - Oscar Wilde 

75. Beauty is the only thing that time cannot harm. Philosophies fall away like sand, creeds follow one another, but what is beautiful is a joy for all seasons, a possession for all eternity. - Oscar Wilde 

76. My dream is of a place and a time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of earth. - Abraham Lincoln 

77. The time comes upon every public man when it is best for him to keep his lips closed. - Abraham Lincoln 

78. At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide. - Abraham Lincoln 

79. There is another old poet whose name I do not now remember who said, 'Truth is the daughter of Time.' - Abraham Lincoln 

80. When I am getting ready to reason with a man, I spend one-third of my time thinking about myself and what I am going to say and two-thirds about him and what he is going to say. - Abraham Lincoln 

81. Let the people on both sides keep their self-possession, and just as other clouds have cleared away in due time, so will this, and this great nation shall continue to prosper as before. - Abraham Lincoln 

82. You may think it was a very little thing, and in these days it seems to me like a trifle, but it was a most important incident in my life. I could scarcely credit that I, the poor boy, had earned a dollar in less than a day; that by honest work, I had earned a dollar. I was a more hopeful and thoughtful boy from that time. - Abraham Lincoln 

83. It was that which gave promise that in due time the weights should be lifted from the shoulders of all men, and that all should have an equal chance. This is the sentiment embodied in that Declaration of Independence. - Abraham Lincoln 

84. I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right. - Albert Einstein 

85. There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there. - Albert Einstein 

86. I want to go when I want. It is tasteless to prolong life artificially. I have done my share; it is time to go. I will do it elegantly. - Albert Einstein 

87. Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson 

88. The sum of wisdom is that time is never lost that is devoted to work. - Ralph Waldo Emerson 

89. Manners require time, and nothing is more vulgar than haste. - Ralph Waldo Emerson 

90. This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. - Ralph Waldo Emerson 

91. Little minds have little worries, big minds have no time for worries. - Ralph Waldo Emerson 

92. We do not yet possess ourselves, and we know at the same time that we are much more. - Ralph Waldo Emerson 

93. Who hears me, who understands me, becomes mine, a possession for all time. - Ralph Waldo Emerson 

94. Every particular in nature, a leaf, a drop, a crystal, a moment of time is related to the whole, and partakes of the perfection of the whole. - Ralph Waldo Emerson 

95. The intuition of the moral sentiment is an insight of the perfection of the laws of the soul. These laws execute themselves. They are out of time, out of space, and not subject to circumstance. - Ralph Waldo Emerson 

96. All great achievements require time. - Maya Angelou 

97. Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time. - Maya Angelou 

98. I liked to write from the time I was about 12 or 13. I loved to read. And since I only spoke to my brother, I would write down my thoughts. And I think I wrote some of the worst poetry west of the Rockies. But by the time I was in my 20s, I found myself writing little essays and more poetry - writing at writing. - Maya Angelou 

99. I'm considered wise, and sometimes I see myself as knowing. Most of the time, I see myself as wanting to know. And I see myself as a very interested person. I've never been bored in my life. - Maya Angelou 

100. Growing up, I decided, a long time ago, I wouldn't accept any manmade differences between human beings, differences made at somebody else's insistence or someone else's whim or convenience. - Maya Angelou

Post a Comment

0 Comments