Top 100 Amazing Strength Quotes Vol.04

1. I do believe in the old saying, 'What does not kill you makes you stronger.' Our experiences, good and bad, make us who we are. By overcoming difficulties, we gain strength and maturity. - Angelina Jolie 

2. My mom, she was a very, very soft woman. It was hard for her to yell or even curse. But when it came to fighting for her kids, she found a strength she didn't always know she had. - Angelina Jolie 

3. Strength of will is the test of a young man's possibilities. Can he will strong enough and hold whatever he undertakes with an iron grip? - Orison Swett Marden 

4. When we begin to desire a thing, to yearn for it with all our hearts, we begin to establish relationship with it in proportion to the strength and persistency of our longing and intelligent effort to realize it. - Orison Swett Marden 

5. Religious beliefs evolved by group-selection, tribe competing against tribe, and the illogic of religions is not a weakness but their essential strength. - E. O. Wilson 

6. There are people in the world who have skills and strength and talent that I will never have. Never. These notions that you can 'be whatever you want to be as long as you want it bad enough' are not true. They are fairy tales. - Jocko Willink 

7. Our strength as a nation comes in our unity. We are the United States of America, not the divided states. And those who want to divide us are trying to divide us, and we shouldn't let them do it. - Ben Carson 

8. I believe in prayer. It's the best way we have to draw strength from heaven. - Josephine Baker 

9. Let us speak, though we show all our faults and weaknesses, - for it is a sign of strength to be weak, to know it, and out with it - not in a set way and ostentatiously, though, but incidentally and without premeditation. - Herman Melville 

10. Patience and time do more than strength or passion. - Jean de La Fontaine 

11. The fact that over 50 per cent of the residents of Toronto are not from Canada, that is always a good thing, creatively, and for food especially. That is easily a city's biggest strength, and it is Toronto's unique strength. - Anthony Bourdain 

12. When I was younger, my feet would hurt a lot, but you build up calluses and strength, and you don't feel as much pain there. But then again, it's a give and take. The older you get, you may feel pain in your back or your hips. - Misty Copeland 

13. When it came to my childhood - growing up in a single-parent home, often struggling financially - my mother definitely instilled in me and my siblings this strength, this will, to just continue to survive and succeed. - Misty Copeland 

14. I had always been proud of my body - its strength and grace enabled me to pursue my passions. - Misty Copeland 

15. Although men are accused of not knowing their own weakness, yet perhaps few know their own strength. It is in men as in soils, where sometimes there is a vein of gold which the owner knows not of. - Jonathan Swift 

16. There's probably a tendency to view power... to be either based on size or the size and power of your economy. I think New Zealand's strength has always been using our voice on the issues that matter, and we've been consistent on it. There is power in that. - Jacinda Ardern 

17. Strength of mind rests in sobriety; for this keeps your reason unclouded by passion. - Pythagoras 

18. Patience is the support of weakness; impatience the ruin of strength. - Charles Caleb Colton 

19. My biggest flaw is probably my attention span or lack thereof. And while it might seem contradictory, my biggest strength is my work ethic. - Tom Holland 

20. The transfer of power is always a test of the constitutional system, a test of its strength. - Vladimir Putin 

21. We the people have the strength to bring our country from our weak-kneed stumbling gait in the last ranks of reason to the leadership of the great march to environmental victory. - Walter Cronkite 

22. I look at an ant and I see myself: a native South African, endowed by nature with a strength much greater than my size so I might cope with the weight of a racism that crushes my spirit. - Miriam Makeba 

23. To love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength is all-consuming and all-encompassing. It is no lukewarm endeavor. - Ezra Taft Benson 

24. I firmly believe in prayer. It is possible to reach out and tap the unseen power which gives strength and anchor in time of need. - Ezra Taft Benson 

25. Wisdom is always an overmatch for strength. - Phil Jackson 

26. As much as we pump iron and we run to build our strength up, we need to build our mental strength up... so we can focus... so we can be in concert with one another. - Phil Jackson 

27. If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles. - Carl von Clausewitz 

28. Have you not learned that strength comes to an ordinary soul when given an extraordinary calling? - Russell M. Nelson 

29. The awareness of our own strength makes us modest. - Paul Cezanne 

30. In this outward and physical ceremony we attest once again to the inner and spiritual strength of our Nation. As my high school teacher, Miss Julia Coleman, used to say: 'We must adjust to changing times and still hold to unchanging principles.' - Jimmy Carter 

31. The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it. - Woodrow Wilson 

32. The superior man is the providence of the inferior. He is eyes for the blind, strength for the weak, and a shield for the defenseless. He stands erect by bending above the fallen. He rises by lifting others. - Robert Green Ingersoll 

33. Many people think they want things, but they don't really have the strength, the discipline. They are weak. I believe that you get what you want if you want it badly enough. - Sophia Loren 

34. History teaches us that unity is strength, and cautions us to submerge and overcome our differences in the quest for common goals, to strive, with all our combined strength, for the path to true African brotherhood and unity. - Haile Selassie 

35. True strength lies in submission which permits one to dedicate his life, through devotion, to something beyond himself. - Henry Miller 

36. I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman. - Anais Nin 

37. Weight-bearing exercise builds bone density, builds your muscular strength so that you can hold your body up where those bones have a tendency to get weak. - Ann Richards 

38. One has to have the strength of character to say the time has come to move on... unless you are a king. - Kofi Annan 

39. The strength of comedy is I don't have to answer to anybody, but sometimes you want to learn from other people and see your ideas strengthen by other people. - Bo Burnham 

40. All I can tell you is that I've never met a woman who is not strong, but sometimes they don't let it out. Then there's a tragedy, and then all of a sudden that strength comes. My message is let the strength come out before the tragedy. - Diane von Furstenberg

41. All women are the same, really: They are strong, but they are afraid of their own strength. - Diane von Furstenberg 

42. I never modeled myself after anyone. The person who had most influence on me was my mother, but it was really for her strength and courage more than her style, even though she had a lot of style. In a weird way, looking at pictures of me when I was 17 or 18, I was dressing the same way. I haven't changed very much. - Diane von Furstenberg 

43. I read everything, but generally more fact than fiction - especially autobiographies and biographies. I've read 'Long Walk to Freedom' by Nelson Mandela at least twice on holiday. Every time, I'm totally awed by his vision, strength and forgiveness. I feel honoured to have got to know him and his wonderful wife Graca over the years. - Richard Branson 

44. Part of the problem with America is that letting go of emotions is viewed as a weakness, but it's my strength. That enabled me to write my songs. - Melanie Martinez 

45. Tina Turner is someone that I admire, because she made her strength feminine and sexy. - Beyonce Knowles 

46. Tina Turner is someone that I admire, because she made her strength feminine and sexy. Marilyn Monroe, because she was a curvy woman. I'm drawn to things that have the same kind of silhouettes as what she wore because our bodies are similar. - Beyonce Knowles 

47. A typical week of training leading up to a major championship is like the sprinkling of parsley at the end of a dish. It's just the final little touches, that last little bit of strength or fitness, but mostly you are ready and are just maintaining and staying healthy. - Megan Rapinoe 

48. Being a winger or a wide mid, I have to run continuously for 90 minutes, which not only takes endurance but also strength in my legs to be able to be explosive for 90 minutes. I think weight training has really allowed me to sustain for those 90 minutes. - Megan Rapinoe 

49. Stand and fight for those who are not weak but have yet to discover the strength that the evil of this world has done its best to conceal. - Logic 

50. My mom cleaned toilets for a long time, and she'd seen a lot of terrible things, but she was still the strength of our family. And there are women like that all across the country - all around the world - who show that type of fortitude. - Dwayne Johnson 

51. The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country. - Kim Jong-un 

52. Our young people are patriots and heroes whom we can be proud of before the world; that they have a large contingent of such trustworthy young people is a great blessing for the Workers' Party of Korea and a source of pride for Korea, and this assures the great strength of our dignified state and its bright future. - Kim Jong-un 

53. The strength of self-reliance and self-development is that of science and technology, and the shortcut to implementing the five-year strategy is to give importance and precedence to science and technology. - Kim Jong-un 

54. Sports play a very important role in consolidating the national strength, adding lustre to the country's prestige and honour, inspiring people with national dignity and pride, and imbuing the whole society with revolutionary mettle. - Kim Jong-un 

55. Building a sports power is a patriotic undertaking aimed at translating into reality the plan and wish of the great leaders, who devoted their efforts to building ours into a country that prospers and grows stronger on the strength of sports. - Kim Jong-un 

56. No force can conquer the service personnel and people who, in support of their great leader, have turned out in the struggle to defend their country with confidence in the validity of their cause and their own strength - this is a law and a truth taught by history. - Kim Jong-un 

57. I kid around a lot, but pranks are not my best strength! - Betty White 

58. The lessons I learned from the dark days at Alibaba are that you've got to make your team have value, innovation, and vision. Also, if you don't give up, you still have a chance. And, when you are small, you have to be very focused and rely on your brain, not your strength. - Jack Ma 

59. My mom has always been so generous and so sensitive and so vulnerable and yet exudes so much strength. - Justin Trudeau 

60. I know and I've always felt for Canada that we recognize that diversity is a great source of strength. - Justin Trudeau 

61. CBC has a very important mandate to bind Canada together in both official languages, tell local stories, and make sure we have a sense of our strength, our culture, our stories. - Justin Trudeau 

62. If a war breaks out with the United States, the navy will have to put all its strength into interceptive operations, so... massive sea-borne supplies might be momentarily interrupted. - Isoroku Yamamoto 

63. The example afforded before the Great War by Germany - which, if only it had exercised forbearance for another five or ten years, would by now be unrivaled in Europe - suggests that the task facing us now is to build up our strength calmly and with circumspection. - Isoroku Yamamoto

64. Not one man in a thousand has the strength of mind or the goodness of heart to be an atheist. - Samuel Taylor Coleridge 

65. I think the biggest thing was that when I was in college, I really concentrated on personnel. That was my strength, and I was, in essence, my own recruiting coordinator. And when I went to the pros, I did the same thing. - Jimmy Johnson 

66. The breaking wave and the muscle as it contracts obey the same law. Delicate line gathers the body's total strength in a bold balance. Shall my soul meet so severe a curve, journeying on its way to form? - Dag Hammarskjold 

67. I bring a lot of energy and passion to what I do. Plus, I've had some weird feats of superhuman strength! - John Cena 

68. I would never bet against Peyton Manning. You know about the age and the neck and the strength. But I had George Blanda, and as he got older, he got smarter, and he just got rid of the ball quicker. I watch Peyton, and I see George Blanda. - John Madden 

69. I'm very optimistic because I think that the real strength of a nation like the United States comes from blending cultures. There's no way that you can close the frontiers anywhere. The borders are there to be violated permanently. - Isabel Allende 

70. I never said I wanted a 'happy' life but an interesting one. From separation and loss, I have learned a lot. I have become strong and resilient, as is the case of almost every human being exposed to life and to the world. We don't even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward. - Isabel Allende 

71. One of the things that always comes up in my writing is the search for freedom, especially in women. I always write about women who are marginalized, who have no means or resources and somehow manage to get out of those situations with incredible strength - and that is more important than anything. - Isabel Allende 

72. In the United States, the fact that you can start again gives a lot of energy and strength and youth to this country. That is why it's so powerful in many ways, and so creative. - Isabel Allende 

73. We don't even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward. In times of tragedy, of war, of necessity, people do amazing things. The human capacity for survival and renewal is awesome. - Isabel Allende 

74. Every good citizen adds to the strength of a nation. - Gordon B. Hinckley 

75. A nation will rise no higher than the strength of its homes. - Gordon B. Hinckley 

76. I get up every morning and say, 'Father, give me strength today, not strength so I can lift 500 pounds, but give me strength, Lord, so when I speak, my words might motivate, might inspire somebody, Lord, when they see me, let them see you. When they hear me, Lord, let them hear you. In your holy name I pray.' - Mr. T 

77. In 1995, I was diagnosed with cancer, and I had to practice what I preached. I had always said to 'believe in God' and 'don't give up' to little kids who had been diagnosed with cancer. I then thought if I can't call on that same God and same strength that I told people about, I would be a liar and a phony. - Mr. T 

78. I want people to draw strength from me. - Mr. T 

79. I want to represent... to the kids to draw strength from me. So they can see that everybody goes through something, but you can rise up and do your best. Just try. - Mr. T 

80. To have ego means to believe in your own strength. And to also be open to other people's views. It is to be open, not closed. So, yes, my ego is big, but it's also very small in some areas. My ego is responsible for my doing what I do - bad or good. - Barbra Streisand 

81. To be capable of steady friendship or lasting love, are the two greatest proofs, not only of goodness of heart, but of strength of mind. - William Hazlitt 

82. I never got into politics for it to be a career. It doesn't take a lot of strength to hang on. It takes a lot of strength to let go. - J. C. Watts 

83. The strength of America is not in Washington. - J. C. Watts 

84. The depth and strength of a human character are defined by its moral reserves. People reveal themselves completely only when they are thrown out of the customary conditions of their life, for only then do they have to fall back on their reserves. - Leon Trotsky 

85. I get strength from my art - all the paintings I own are powerful. - Madonna Ciccone

86. We have to nurture our young women and understand the beauty and the strength of being a woman. It's kind of a catch-22: Strength in women isn't appreciated, and vulnerability in women isn't appreciated. It's like, 'What the hell do you do?' What you do is you don't allow anyone to dictate who you are. - Jada Pinkett Smith 

87. I've been playing against older and stronger competition my whole life. It has made me a better tennis player and able to play against this kind of level despite their strength and experience. - Maria Sharapova 

88. While President Bush likes to project an image of strength and courage, the real truth is that in the presence of his large financial contributors, he is a moral coward. - Al Gore 

89. Every team has its weakness, and every team has its strength. - Booger McFarland 

90. My mom was a source of strength. She showed me by example that women, regardless of how difficult life may get, can do it all. - Gloria Estefan 

91. Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. The heated mind resents the chill touch and relentless scrutiny of logic. - William E. Gladstone 

92. Well first of all it's a business and it's a tough business, and you have to have the strength to survive all the set backs all the failures that make this a mean business, that's getting meaner and meaner every year in my opinion. - Robert Redford 

93. If I had to pick my greatest strength as a football coach, I say it would be innovation. - Tom Landry 

94. As long as God gives me strength to work and try to make things real for my children, I'm going to work for it - even if it means making the ultimate sacrifice. - Medgar Evers 

95. All the sudden high-impact stress can really take a toll on your body. So if you still want to be active and get in a good workout, go to a yoga class or pilates class, or get in some strength and conditioning. - Sophia Bush

96. My strength is in finding ways to make the government work for the people: finding waste, or money that is not being properly used... or finding opportunities that are out there and making them work for the community. - Tammy Duckworth 

97. Tolerance is a virtue that depends upon peace and strength. - Charles Lindbergh 

98. You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength, and say, 'I'm proud of what I am and who I am, and I'm just going to be myself.' - Mariah Carey 

99. Love feels no burden, thinks nothing of trouble, attempts what is above its strength, pleads no excuse of impossibility; for it thinks all things lawful for itself, and all things possible. - Thomas a Kempis 

100. An organization which claims to be working for the needs of a community - as SNCC does - must work to provide that community with a position of strength from which to make its voice heard. This is the significance of black power beyond the slogan. - Stokely Carmichael

Post a Comment

0 Comments