Top 100 Amazing Romantic Quotes Vol.04

 

1. I'm a complete romantic - it's why I always get married. Someone should really stop me. - Pamela Anderson 

2. I don't think of myself as a romantic person; I'm kind of more rough and tumble, I think. The things I'm drawn to are outdoorsy, I only get dressed up when I have to. I'm drawn to women who are into the same type of thing. If you're going to call it romantic, I'm very spontaneous. That's probably the best thing I have going for me. - Paul Walker 

3. It's easier to write from my own life, and it's also more fun. I always write about relationships, for instance, whether they're romantic relationships, friendships, encounters... there's always a lesson to be learned from them. - Jason Mraz 

4. I love getting to bounce around and explore so much. I love Scandinavia. I love Spain. It's so mystical and romantic, yet it's gritty. - Jason Mraz 

5. Conductors' careers are made for the most part with 'Romantic' music. 'Classic' music eliminates the conductor; we do not remember him in it. - Igor Stravinsky 

6. I don't want to be typecast as a heroine who does a certain kind of cinema, which is why I experiment with the types of films that I do. But yes, I won't deny that romantic love stories or romantic comedies are what I enjoy doing the most, because as an audience those are the kind of films that I like watching. - Deepika Padukone 

7. I broke my nose in gym when a ball hit me. I took a girl to her debutante ball the next week wearing a tux and a big, honking bandage. Not the romantic night she had in mind. - Wentworth Miller

 8. My wife was the first romantic partner who understood both American and native parts of me - not so much the positive stuff, but the damage. - Sherman Alexie 

9. I love romantic comedies. I have a deep respect for them. I think they're really difficult to write and write well. - Rashida Jones 

10. You know, I grew up on romantic comedies, and it's hard to find a new way to tell that story. - Rashida Jones 

11. Surrealism was necessary - essential, even - in the 1920s to bridge the gap between rationalism and the subconscious. It started something important. But by the early '60s, it had become petit-bourgeois; it was too intellectual and romantic, and had ground to a halt. It had become respectable. - Alejandro Jodorowsky 

12. The life of Edward Estlin Cummings began with a childhood in Cambridge, Mass., that he described as happy, but he struggled in both his artistic and romantic exploits against the piousness of his father, an esteemed Harvard professor. - Billy Collins 

13. I am a romantic person and maybe have this Hollywood perception of love... but then, it's never really like the movies. - Markus Persson 

14. In the early days of Christianity the exercise of chastity was frequently combined with a close and romantic intimacy of affection between the sexes which shocked austere moralists. - Havelock Ellis 

15. When you're in the throes of this romantic love, it's overwhelming - you're out of control, you're irrational, you're going to the gym at 6 A.M. every day - Why? Because she's there. - Helen Fisher 

16. Romantic love allows you to focus mating energy. Attachment sustains that relationship as long as necessary to raise your baby. - Helen Fisher 

17. Any kind of novelty or excitement drives up dopamine in the brain, and dopamine is associated with romantic love. - Helen Fisher 

18. I've always maintained that men were more romantic than women. - Helen Fisher 

19. I think romantic love evolved to enable you to focus your mating energy on just one individual at a time, thereby conserving mating time and energy. - Helen Fisher 

20. Anthropologists have found evidence of romantic love in 170 societies. They've never found a society that did not have it. - Helen Fisher

 21. Blushing is thought to be linked to increased levels of norepinephrine in the brain, which may be associated with romantic feelings. It signals that we are interested and excited, which is attractive to men. - Helen Fisher 

22. Psychologists maintain that the dizzying feeling of intense romantic love lasts only about 18 months to - at best - three years. - Helen Fisher 

23. The reason you take antidepressants is to feel calm. And romantic love is not calm - it's elation, it's mood swings, and you're killing all that when you take the drug. - Helen Fisher 

24. I'm a hopeless romantic. - CM Punk 

25. As far as the lack of hits goes, I think perhaps it's because I've played a lot of different roles and have not created a persona that the public can latch on to. I have played everything from psychopathic killers to romantic leading men, and in picking such diverse roles I have avoided typecasting. - Jeff Bridges 

26. Always protect yourself. Every woman, no matter what her age, romantic or marital status, should have a bank account in her own name. - Sarah Ban Breathnach 

27. What I'd really like to write is a romantic comedy. This is my favorite kind of movie. I feel almost embarrassed revealing this, because the genre has been so degraded in the past twenty years that saying you like romantic comedies is essentially an admission of mild stupidity. - Mindy Kaling

28. I regard romantic comedies as a subgenre of sci-fi, in which the world operates according to different rules than my regular human world. - Mindy Kaling 

29. I had these kind of unrealistic expectations that were fueled by romantic comedies, and it has both helped me and hurt me in many ways. It helped me because, in general, they've made me hopeful. I just figure things will eventually work out for me. But nobody is like any Tom Hanks character. Nobody is Hugh Grant. No one is Meg Ryan! - Mindy Kaling 

30. I have such a rich fantasy life, I can't help it. I do make up a lot of romantic stories in my head. - Mindy Kaling 

31. Woody Allen is really the ultimate. I love that he believed in himself enough to do what he did. And I have that same feeling - that there's nobody that looks like me in movies, nobody would cast me as a romantic lead, but I want to do it and I feel confident that I can. - Mindy Kaling 

32. When men hear women want a commitment, they think it means commitment to a romantic relationship, but that's not it. It's a commitment to not floating around anymore. I want a guy who is entrenched in his own life. Entrenched is awesome. - Mindy Kaling 

33. On 'The Office,' so much of the show is about disguising your true feelings and your romantic feelings because it was a mock documentary. - Mindy Kaling

 34. I used to be addicted to 'Reader's Digest' growing up. I would read the stories about love, and I guess that's where I became a hopeless romantic. I draw from that a lot. - Sia 

35. The whole romantic part of my life was a wipeout. I didn't even own a belt. - Paul Lynde 

36. In a clown, we see what we do that makes us laugh and cry. I kept the white face, the tradition of the Pierrot. My clown became a romantic and stylized figure. I wanted to be an abstract and concrete figure, a symbol of humanity. - Marcel Marceau 

37. Bip is the romantic and burlesque hero for our time. Bip is a modern-day Don Quixote. - Marcel Marceau 

38. With 'Epicloud,' I wanted something catchy as the flu but with a sentiment that is romantic, positive, and beautiful. Spiritual without religion and set to heavy music. - Devin Townsend 

39. Ooh, it's too embarrassing to share my innermost romantic secrets - although I have written Danielle the odd poem. If anything they are more comedic than romantic. They used to be well-received but that was before she started studying Shakespeare at drama college. Now I feel so inept. - Gary Lineker 

40. We have got too many kids around the house to have a romantic meal at home. But Danielle is a fantastic cook. She does a brilliant lasagne, great roasts and a great chilli dish. She knows the way to my heart. - Gary Lineker 

41. I've had fun doing romantic comedies, but I just can't anymore. There's nothing fulfilling creatively, there's nowhere to grow, nothing to learn from it or for yourself. I'd rather just be home with my family or write music until that special project comes my way. - Mandy Moore 

42. I've always considered myself a fairly romantic person. I believe in love and falling in love at a young age. - Mandy Moore 

43. I believed that the husband takes care of the family, and the wife takes care of him, and they are true to each other. I know that sounds a romantic illusion, but it can be true. - Debbie Reynolds 

44. It took me twenty years to get Steven Parrino's work. From the time I first saw his art, in the mid-eighties, I almost always dismissed it as mannered, Romantic, formulaic, conceptualist-formalist heavy-metal boy-art abstraction. - Jerry Saltz 

45. I saw Tequila Sunrise as a romantic picture with complex, bigger than life characters. - Conrad Hall 

46. I'm a street photographer, but I'm interested in any ironic, whimsical images, and there's something very romantic about a circus. - Mary Ellen Mark 

47. I don't want to be pigeonholed into doing just romantic comedies. But they're fun, and especially for women, it's nice to go to see them and enjoy that breath of fresh air. - Kristen Bell 

48. Numerous studies have shown how when one person in a romantic coupling gets depressed, the other becomes more depressed. - Karen Salmansohn 

49. I am a hopeless romantic and I love to spoil my girlfriends. - Orlando Bloom 

50. I did send a girl a plane ticket asking her for a visit, I guess that's quite romantic. - Orlando Bloom 

51. Personally, I find it romantic not to be with someone all the time; you don't get used to someone or take them for granted. - Monica Bellucci 

52. We all have grown up watching Hindi romantic films, and when it comes to show love, that's probably how we show it. - Rajkummar Rao 

53. I can't remember a time when I didn't want to be a reporter. I don't know where I got the idea that it was a romantic calling. - Charles Kuralt 

54. Now that I look back on it, having retired from being a reporter, it was kind of romantic. It was a wonderful way to live one's life, just as I imagined it would be when I was 6 or 7. - Charles Kuralt 

55. That's what I like about film-it can be bizarre, classic, normal, romantic. Cinema is to me the most versatile thing. - Catherine Deneuve 

56. The vampire was a complete change from the usual romantic characters I was playing, but it was a success. - Bela Lugosi 

57. Is this not the true romantic feeling; not to desire to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping you. - Thomas Wolfe 

58. I want to create a world with objects and surroundings that are human, more romantic, and less sterile. - Marcel Wanders 

59. I've always been attracted to romantic secondhand clothes. But my style developed as I started going to these strange raves where everybody had these very definitive costumes. - Florence Welch

60. The reason I turn down 99% of a hundred, I mean a thousand, scripts is because romantic comedies are often very romantic but seldom very funny. - Hugh Grant 

61. As it is, I have a limited range as an actor - light comedy. I have never been a fan of romantic comedies, and yet that is what I have ended up mostly doing. - Hugh Grant 

62. I'm not a hopeless romantic. I'm quite the reverse. I'm a nasty piece of work, an ego maniac. - Hugh Grant 

63. I never meant to be in romantic comedies; it's just what ended up happening. But they are tricky, in a post1960s sexual revolution way. It was easier when you couldn't have sex scenes: everything crackled very nicely. They're not easy. - Hugh Grant 

64. Growing up, dating seemed pretty straightforward: If someone was interested in getting to know you on a romantic level, they approached, exchanged info, and proceeded to communicate with you in a consistent fashion between outings of various natures. - Amanda Seales 

65. I'm a hopeless romantic. I buy things because I fall in love with them. I never buy anything just because it's valuable. - Iris Apfel 

66. There's always something heroic and romantic about taking a stand against the powers that be. - Greg Gutfeld 

67. Being a black woman, there's so many different sides of us. We are funny, silly, romantic, professional, smart, and we have good jobs. - Lauren London 

68. I always wanted to be a teacher. I went to school to be a teacher. And I've always, you know, had this sort of romantic idea about it. But I'm worried about - I'm worried about education. - Tony Danza 

69. I want to do a romantic comedy that nobody thought I could do. And then do a comedy with Dan Aykroyd that is totally different from 'The Blues Brothers.' I'm a comic actor, but I'm an actor, too. - John Belushi 

70. Choosing sepia is all to do with trying to make the image look romantic and idealistic. It's sort of a soft version of propaganda. - Martin Parr

71. Sepia in particular tends to make everything look a bit romantic and almost sentimental, hence the fact that it remains such a popular choice for wedding photographs. - Martin Parr 

72. The romantic image of the ancient world is very inspiring, as is nature itself, but I think the dissatisfaction with our modern world is the strongest force keeping me going. - Varg Vikernes 

73. It turns out that a husband who does the laundry, it's very romantic when you're older. And it's hard to believe when you're younger. But it's absolutely true. - Sheryl Sandberg 

74. I was meant to date the captain of the football team, I was going to be on a romantic excursion every Saturday night, I was destined to be collecting corsages from every boy in town before prom, accepting such floral offerings like competing sacrifices to a Delphic goddess. - Elizabeth Wurtzel 

75. I've spent a lot of my life forcing myself to do the right thing, and nowadays, I've just forgotten about all that. It's far more romantic just to let all your vices and fetishes come out and shine. - Kevin Parker 

76. Even actresses that you really admire, like Reese Witherspoon, you think, 'Another romantic comedy?' You see her in something like 'Walk the Line' and think, 'God, you're so great!' And then you think, 'Why is she doing these stupid romantic comedies?' But of course, it's for money and status. - Gwyneth Paltrow 

77. Great companies start because the founders want to change the world... not make a fast buck. Call me a romantic, but I think entrepreneurs should try to change the world. This comes from working at Apple... old habits die hard. - Guy Kawasaki 

78. I think a lot of people feel that they want something softer. Things are changing. It's about individuality, and in a way, it's romantic. - Alessandro Michele 

79. I think that there is not really a difference between a 'Peanuts' and a beautiful Renaissance painting. There is something very romantic in the 'Peanuts' - it's at the same level of a novel or a Jane Austen story or a beautiful embroidered rose fabric. It is a piece of romanticism. - Alessandro Michele 

80. When I was younger, I had these romantic ideas about the Black Panther Party and what it meant to be a part of the civil rights movement. Then we're here, and it's dangerous. And it's dangerous to say, 'Black lives matter.' - Patrisse Cullors 

81. Sadly, people think a guy and a girl can't be friends without something romantic going on. - Daisy Ridley 

82. I really like dumb romantic comedies; that's the way I can turn my brain off and let go. - Laura Jane Grace 

83. There is nothing glamorous or romantic about war. It's mostly about random pointless death and misery. - Jon Krakauer

 84. I think I'm a romantic person, yeah. - Antonio Banderas 

85. Romantic stuff is not something I really remember. - Darius Rucker 

86. For me, there's something very romantic about going and looking at the stars and trying to photograph spy satellites. - Trevor Paglen 

87. I like romantic comedy as a genre, but I think it can get stuck in its ways. - Zooey Deschanel 

88. Romantic comedies are usually about when love works. - Zooey Deschanel 

89. I'm a romantic, but I'm not a romantic in the traditional sense. I like to romanticize what happens to me. Whatever happens to me - you could quantify it as good or bad - I romanticize it. I think along the lines of 'When that thing happened, it made me who I am.' That kind of thing. It's a different way of being romantic. - Zooey Deschanel 

90. The joy and the pain for me is about tightroping between being a cynic and being a romantic - the tug between barely believing in anything and hoping for everything. - Phoebe Waller-Bridge 

91. Is that romantic fantasy real? Um, after kids, no. Take the kids away, I don't know. Depends. - Robin Wright 

92. Think back to yourself at age 18. I know I was mighty different than the Patti I am today. As we grow up, we grow out of our haircuts, our apartments and - often times - our romantic decisions. - Patti Stanger 

93. We don't tend to write about disease in fiction - not just teen novels but all American novels - because it doesn't fit in with our idea of the heroic romantic epic. There is room only for sacrifice, heroism, war, politics and family struggle. - John Green 

94. I think the idea of marriage is very romantic; it's a beautiful idea, and the practice of it can be a very beautiful thing. - Scarlett Johansson 

95. I do not like to work with patients who are in love. Perhaps it is because of envy - I, too, crave enchantment. Perhaps it is because love and psychotherapy are fundamentally incompatible. The good therapist fights darkness and seeks illumination, while romantic love is sustained by mystery and crumbles upon inspection. - Irvin D. Yalom

96. There is something about a Luger that separates it from all other handguns, and Luger devotees and Luger society members speak of it in romantic terms that must sound plain nuts to those who consider themselves level-headed. - Dick Cavett 

97. I like doing comedy, I like doing drama. Naturally I like to do, I like doing dramas, I like conflict, and when I do a comedy, you know, I've found that, like, romantic comedy is the trickiest one, because often it's neither: it's not romantic and it's not funny. So, like, I like a comedy that's biting. It's biting humor or really quirky humor. - Matt Dillon 

98. Growing up, a film was an action film or it was a comedy or it was romantic, but you don't really see such stark lines between genres nowadays. - Beck 

99. Classic art was the art of necessity: modern romantic art bears the stamp of caprice and chance. - Max Eastman 

100. Romantic films are not a genre I would choose. - Ram Gopal Varma

Post a Comment

0 Comments