Top 100 Amazing Food Quotes Vol.04

1. When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes. - Desiderius Erasmus

2. In truth, there is no rational argument for guns in this society. This is no longer a frontier nation in which people hunt their own food. It is a crowded, overwhelmingly urban country in which letting people have access to guns is a continuing disaster. - Molly Ivins

3. Don't you have a machine that puts food into the mouth and pushes it down? - Nikita Khrushchev

4. The reason my kids like McDonald's is that they always know what they're going to get. It's not gourmet food, but the french fries they order in Indianapolis are just like the french fries they order in Tampa. Wherever they get McDonald's fries, they know it will be the same. That's what McDonald's does. - Tony Dungy 

5. People love their animals so much so that they put little clothes on them and necklaces and booties and things like that. And if you love your animal, then you should feed them something that's not dangerous for them. There's a lot of poisonous stuff that they're putting in a lot of that food, those by-products. - Ellen DeGeneres 

6. I love places that have an incredible history. I love the Italian way of life. I love the food. I love the people. I love the attitudes of Italians. - Elton John

7. When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. - Tecumseh

8. I hid myself in food. - Gordon Ramsay 

9. I love food, and I'm a chronic over-orderer at restaurants. - Shakira 

10. I am proud to have been born in Iowa. Through the eyes of a ten-year-old boy, it was a place of adventure and daily discoveries - the wonder of the growing crops, the excitements of the harvest, the journeys to the woods for nuts and hunting, the joys of snowy winters, the comfort of the family fireside, of good food and tender care. - Herbert Hoover 

11. When I'm under stress, I do yoga. It's when I'm happiest that I have a problem with junk food. - Britney Spears 

12. I'm into the food in Vegas. I'm willing to go to nice restaurants for sushi and stuff like that. - Britney Spears 

13. If I happen to have another baby or something like that, I'd probably move back to Louisiana. I do miss Louisiana. I miss the people. I miss the food. I miss the way of life, how everything is really simple. There's no traffic like there is in L.A. It's really nice. - Britney Spears 

14. It is important that we relish the food we eat. If we cannot do this, but eat mechanically, our food does not do us that good it should, and we fail to be nourished and built up by it as we otherwise would be, if we could enjoy the food we take into the stomach. - Ellen G. White 

15. It is a religious duty for those who cook to learn how to prepare food in different ways, hygienically, for the table, so that it may be eaten with enjoyment. - Ellen G. White 

16. All the food that is put into the stomach that the system cannot derive benefit from, is a burden to nature in her work. - Ellen G. White 

17. I prize my seamstress, I value my copyist; but my cook, who knows well how to prepare the food to sustain life, and nourish brain, bone, and muscle, fills the most important place among the helpers in my family. - Ellen G. White 

18. God gave our first parents the food He designed that the race should eat. It was contrary to His plan to have the life of any creature taken. There was to be no death in Eden. The fruit of the trees in the garden was the food man's wants required. - Ellen G. White 

19. It's coming home to roost over the next 50 years or so. It's not just climate change; it's sheer space, places to grow food for this enormous horde. Either we limit our population growth or the natural world will do it for us, and the natural world is doing it for us right now. - David Attenborough 

20. Like the practice of breath control, meditation on the forms of God, repetition of mantras, food restrictions, etc., are but aids for rendering the mind quiescent. - Ramana Maharshi 

21. In a drama of the highest order there is little food for censure or hatred; it teaches rather self-knowledge and self-respect. - Percy Bysshe Shelley 

22. Obscenity, which is ever blasphemy against the divine beauty in life, is a monster for which the corruption of society forever brings forth new food, which it devours in secret. - Percy Bysshe Shelley 

23. I love to try the local food wherever I am. But I'm not that adventurous when it comes to eating. I prefer to be safe. I have failed at eating some daring food. - RM 

24. Now, occasionally I will still have that quarter pounder because I love fast food, but you have to keep it to a minimum. - Aretha Franklin

 25. I donate heavily to the church and various churches in the Detroit community and food banks. - Aretha Franklin 

26. I used to have hamburgers coming and going, especially when I was on the road. Now, occasionally I will still have that quarter pounder because I love fast food, but you have to keep it to a minimum. I am now opting for salads and just healthier lunches. - Aretha Franklin 

27. There is no life to be found in violence. Every act of violence brings us closer to death. Whether it's the mundane violence we do to our bodies by overeating toxic food or drink or the extreme violence of child abuse, domestic warfare, life-threatening poverty, addiction, or state terrorism. - bell hooks 

28. In her second career as a minister, my mother defied a legacy of chauvinism to become a leader of our community, overseeing a church that served as a hub, offering parenting classes, a food pantry, after-school programming, and - in the wake of Hurricane Katrina - a lifeline to those ravaged by loss. - Stacey Abrams 

29. While my parents both worked full-time, we still grappled with the scourge of working-class poverty. But my entrepreneurial mother used her research skills to consult. And, along with my dad, she even ran a soul food restaurant for my great-aunt. - Stacey Abrams 

30. Economic security can feel like an impossible goal when you're living paycheck to paycheck, deciding between paying the light bill or the water bill, knowing the decision to pay either one may mean you can't put food on the table. - Stacey Abrams 

31. To preserve the human race, it is now necessary to reorganize society. To this end, an Authority must be created with the power to control human population, to redistribute food, to purify air, water, soil, to re-pattern the cities. - Gore Vidal 

32. Let me be the first to tell you, drinking alcohol is the worst thing to do in cold weather. Hot soup is the best because the process of digesting food helps to warm you up. - Morgan Freeman 

33. My best hostess tip is to have good food and really good music! - Jennifer Aniston 

34. Money is kind of a base subject. Like water, food, air and housing, it affects everything yet for some reason the world of academics thinks it's a subject below their social standing. - Robert Kiyosaki 

35. The environmentalists say capitalism is killing our oceans, air, land, and forests. Capitalists argue that they provide food, fuel, and building materials for a growing world. - Robert Kiyosaki 

36. Regardless of what our national credit rating is, people will always want a roof over their heads, food on their tables, fuel for their cars, and clothes on their backs. - Robert Kiyosaki 

37. During the Enron debacle, it was workers who took the pounding, not bankers. Not only did Enron employees lose their jobs, many lost their retirement savings. That's because they were at the bottom of the investing food chain. - Robert Kiyosaki 

38. There are three things that people pick up on the instant they walk into your home on Thanksgiving. They will be able to feel the human energy. They'll smell the food. And they will see, instantly, the table. - Danny Meyer 

39. The cooking standards for Italian food are less demanding than for French. All you need are some fried mozzarella and five pastas, and you're in business. - Danny Meyer 

40. The only thing I hate is when bad food is paraded as something great, and people are charging a lot for it. - Danny Meyer 

41. My dad gave me the gene to enjoy cooking, and to enjoy consuming good food and wine. - Danny Meyer 

42. People who have come to appreciate well-sourced and well-cooked food refuse to pay too much for food that they wouldn't want to pay anything for. - Danny Meyer 

43. I think that any business that thinks that the transaction is 'you give me money and I give you food, next, you give me money and I give you food, next,' without understanding that people deeply want to feel restored is in danger. - Danny Meyer 

44. London has become one of the great world destinations for someone who likes food. - Danny Meyer 

45. Comfort food is absolutely moving upscale. - Danny Meyer 

46. Essentially what's going to determine how you succeed in New York is how people feel about the space, how delicious the food is, how they perceive the value and, most important of all, how they feel treated. My understanding is Stephen Starr is exceptionally good at all of this and his ability to create a transporting experience. - Danny Meyer 

47. Whole Foods has been brilliant at changing the way food is produced because they just won't buy it if it doesn't meet their standards. - Danny Meyer 

48. The industrial stomach cannot live without coal; industry is a carbonivorous animal and must have its proper food. - Jules Verne 

49. The boys know they're from Southeast Asia, and they have their food and their music and their friends, and they have a pride particular to them. - Angelina Jolie 

50. I have much more support than most women around this world, and I have the financial means to have a home and help with care and food. - Angelina Jolie 

51. It is just as important to set apart time for the development of our aesthetic faculties as for cultivating the money-getting instinct. A man cannot live by bread alone. His higher life demands an impalpable food. - Orison Swett Marden 

52. Economize in other things if you must, wear threadbare clothes if necessary, but never cheat your body or brain by the quality and quantity of your food. Poor, cheap food which produces low vitality and inferior brain force is the worst kind of economy. - Orison Swett Marden 

53. If I agree to dispose of any part of our land to the white people I would feel guilty of taking food away from our children's mouths, and I do not wish to be that mean. - Sitting Bull 

54. I would say there are some foods that I strongly recommend that you do not eat. No. 1 on that list, I believe, is doughnuts. Comfort food. Zero value. Don't eat them. - Jocko Willink 

55. We have food all around us all the time, and if we haven't eaten for three hours, we think we're starving. You're not starving - human beings can go for 30 days without food. - Jocko Willink 

56. Do I have chocolate chip cookies? Yes, I do. Do I have mint chocolate chip milkshakes? Yes, I do. I love them. They are fantastic. But when I have them, they're worth it. I earned them. I did something. I worked out super hard. I stayed clean on food. - Jocko Willink 

57. I was 18 years old, and it was a dream come true for me to work out and eat great food for free. What else do you want in life? People think that is what it is like to be in a SEAL team, but it is less than a fraction of your career as a real SEAL. - Jocko Willink 

58. It's an uphill battle to help our kids learn to make good food decisions - particularly when they are too often presented with an a la carte lunch room choice of French fries or yogurt. - Amy Klobuchar

 59. I love the State Fair. It's an event that really brings the urban and the rural Minnesotans together. Rural people get a chance to mix with the urban folk and see what the cities have to offer, and urban people get to remember where their food comes from and who produces it for them. - Amy Klobuchar 

60. Meals make the society, hold the fabric together in lots of ways that were charming and interesting and intoxicating to me. The perfect meal, or the best meals, occur in a context that frequently has very little to do with the food itself. - Anthony Bourdain 

61. Bad food is made without pride, by cooks who have no pride, and no love. Bad food is made by chefs who are indifferent, or who are trying to be everything to everybody, who are trying to please everyone... Bad food is fake food... food that shows fear and lack of confidence in people's ability to discern or to make decisions about their lives. - Anthony Bourdain 

62. I, personally, think there is a really danger of taking food too seriously. Food should be part of the bigger picture. - Anthony Bourdain 

63. I would like to see people more aware of where their food comes from. I would like to see small farmers empowered. I feed my daughter almost exclusively organic food. - Anthony Bourdain 

64. Food is everything we are. It's an extension of nationalist feeling, ethnic feeling, your personal history, your province, your region, your tribe, your grandma. It's inseparable from those from the get-go. - Anthony Bourdain 

65. Anyone who's a chef, who loves food, ultimately knows that all that matters is: 'Is it good? Does it give pleasure?' - Anthony Bourdain 

66. People are generally proud of their food. A willingness to eat and drink with people without fear and prejudice... they open up to you in ways that somebody visiting who is driven by a story may not get. - Anthony Bourdain 

67. Tokyo would probably be the foreign city if I had to eat one city's food for the rest of my life, every day. It would have to be Tokyo, and I think the majority of chefs you ask that question would answer the same way. - Anthony Bourdain 

68. When I'm back in New York - and this is a terrible thing to complain about - I eat a lot more really, really good food than perhaps I'd like to. So many of my friends are really good chefs. It's kind of like being in the Mafia. - Anthony Bourdain 

69. I've seen zero evidence of any nation on Earth other than Mexico even remotely having the slightest clue what Mexican food is about or even come close to reproducing it. It is perhaps the most misunderstood country and cuisine on Earth. - Anthony Bourdain 

70. Get up early and go to the local produce markets. In Latin America and Asia, those are usually great places to find delicious food stalls serving cheap, authentic and fresh specialties. - Anthony Bourdain 

71. The Italians and Spanish, the Chinese and Vietnamese see food as part of a larger, more essential and pleasurable part of daily life. Not as an experience to be collected or bragged about - or as a ritual like filling up a car - but as something else that gives pleasure, like sex or music, or a good nap in the afternoon. - Anthony Bourdain 

72. You have an impeccable argument if you said that Singapore, Hong Kong, and Tokyo are food capitals. They have a maximum amount of great stuff to eat in the smallest areas. - Anthony Bourdain 

73. I love the masochistic aspect of eating seething, real Sichuan food in Sichuan Province. - Anthony Bourdain 

74. Oh yes, there's lots of great food in America. But the fast food is about as destructive and evil as it gets. It celebrates a mentality of sloth, convenience, and a cheerful embrace of food we know is hurting us. - Anthony Bourdain 

75. The fact that over 50 per cent of the residents of Toronto are not from Canada, that is always a good thing, creatively, and for food especially. That is easily a city's biggest strength, and it is Toronto's unique strength. - Anthony Bourdain 

76. One of the things is challenging yourself to do a Rome show when everybody's done a Rome show. To find some aspect of food culture or chef culture that people can look at in a new way. - Anthony Bourdain 

77. Jiro Ono serves Edo-style traditional sushi, the same 20 or 30 pieces he's been making his whole life, and he's still unsatisfied with the quality and every day wakes up and trains to make the best. And that is as close to a religious experience in food as one is likely to get. - Anthony Bourdain 

78. Hong Kong is a wonderful, mixed-up town where you've got great food and adventure. First and foremost, it's a great place to experience China in a relatively accessible way. - Anthony Bourdain 

79. You'd have a hard time finding anything better than Barcelona for food, as far as being a hub. Given a choice between Barcelona and San Sebastian to die in, I'd probably want to die in San Sebastian. - Anthony Bourdain 

80. As I see it, fast food outfits have targeted small children with their advertising in a very effective way. You know, it's clowns and kid's toys and bright colors and things like that. - Anthony Bourdain

81. I hated the Naked Chef. Fine, yes, he did good things for school food or whatever, but, you know, I don't want my chefs to be cute and adorable. - Anthony Bourdain 

82. What you're going to be eating in the next year is decided by chefs. If the consensus is that pot-bellies are in next season, that's what's on your plate. And I think that's a good thing, because we know, obviously, about food. - Anthony Bourdain 

83. Those places I don't understand, just doing bad food. It takes some doing. Making good pasta is so much easier than making bad stuff. It actually takes quite an effort to make poor linguine Pomodoro. - Anthony Bourdain 

84. I'm very proud of the Rome episode of 'No Reservations' because it violated all the conventional wisdom about making television. You're never, ever supposed to do a food or travel show in black and white. - Anthony Bourdain 

85. Nobody in Singapore drinks Singapore Slings. It's one of the first things you find out there. What you do in Singapore is eat. It's a really food-crazy culture, where all of this great food is available in a kind of hawker-stand environment. - Anthony Bourdain

86. Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God. - Christopher Hitchens 

87. I'll take a couple of breaks for some food, but other than that, that's pretty much all I do is play videogames and practice with my team. - Ninja 

88. The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out of his nose. - Garrison Keillor 

89. Colombia is so different to what I know, and every aspect of the country is different to England, and I loved it. I loved the culture and the food, and the coffee was amazing. The place that we were was stunning, and it really was quite an amazing experience to film out there. - Tom Holland 

90. I like flying to New York from London. It's like a day off for me. No phone or e-mails. Food, wine, iPod, movies, snoozing. - Ricky Gervais 

91. If I just cut out the food, I'd have a six-pack. I'd look like Matthew McConaughey. - Ricky Gervais 

92. I was David Bowie-thin up to about 28, and then I discovered food. - Ricky Gervais 

93. I had started to feel that somewhere in the second half of the 20th century, the idea of page-turning as a good thing had been lost. You were getting books that were the equivalent of absolutely beautifully prepared dishes of food that didn't taste like anything much. - Neil Gaiman 

94. Is it a coincidence that in 1998, Barack Obama talks about a majority coalition of welfare recipients and in 2012 we got a record number of Americans on food stamps while he's president? I don't think it's a coincidence. - Rush Limbaugh 

95. I can't give money away to buy listeners. I can't pay listeners off with phones or food stamps or anything. I can't come by my audience by buying it. - Rush Limbaugh 

96. It was very clear to me in 1965, in Mississippi, that, as a lawyer, I could get people into schools, desegregate the schools, but if they were kicked off the plantations - and if they didn't have food, didn't have jobs, didn't have health care, didn't have the means to exercise those civil rights, we were not going to have success. - Marian Wright Edelman 

97. In general, the more food we eat in its natural state - without additives - and the less it is refined, the healthier it will be for us. Food can affect the mind, and deficiencies of certain elements in the body can promote mental depression. - Ezra Taft Benson 

98. Many a man in his hour of trial has turned to the Book of Mormon and been enlightened, enlivened, and comforted. The psalms in the Old Testament have a special food for the soul of one in distress. - Ezra Taft Benson 

99. There are blessings in being close to the soil, in raising your own food even if it is only a garden in your yard and a fruit tree or two. Those families will be fortunate who, in the last days, have an adequate supply of food because of their foresight and ability to produce their own. - Ezra Taft Benson 

100. Food production is just one part of the repeated emphasis that you store a provision of food which will last for at least a year wherever it is legally permissible to do so. - Ezra Taft Benson

Post a Comment

0 Comments