Top 100 Amazing Women Quotes Vol.04


1. I have noticed... that men usually leave married women alone and are inclined to treat all wives with respect. This is no great credit to married women. - Marilyn Monroe 

2. A man has a tendency to accept you the way you are, while most women immediately start to pick flaws and want to change you. - Marilyn Monroe 

3. When it comes to gossip, I have to readily admit men are as guilty as women. - Marilyn Monroe

 4. I'm always rather nervous about how you talk about women who are active in politics, whether they want to be talked about as women or as politicians. - John F. Kennedy 

5. But while they prate of economic laws, men and women are starving. We must lay hold of the fact that economic laws are not made by nature. They are made by human beings. - Franklin D. Roosevelt 

6. As I've said, there were patriots who supported this war, and patriots who opposed it. And all of us are united in appreciation for our servicemen and women, and our hopes for Iraqis' future. - Barack Obama 

7. I see Americans of every party, every background, every faith who believe that we are stronger together: black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American; young, old; gay, straight; men, women, folks with disabilities, all pledging allegiance under the same proud flag to this big, bold country that we love. That's what I see. That's the America I know! - Barack Obama 

8. We needed to be assertive as women in those days - assertive and aggressive - and the degree to which we had to be that way depended on where you were. I had to be. - Katherine Johnson 

9. Money and women are the most sought after and the least known about of any two things we have. - Will Rogers 

10. All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire 

11. Very learned women are to be found, in the same manner as female warriors; but they are seldom or ever inventors. - Voltaire 

12. No one doubts that innocent men, women and children have been the victims of chemical weapons attacks in Syria. And there's no doubt who is responsible for this heinous use of chemical weapons in Syria: the Syrian regime. - Joe Biden 

13. I'm a heroine addict. I need to have sex with women who have saved someone's life. - Mitch Hedberg 

14. The fickleness of the women I love is only equalled by the infernal constancy of the women who love me. - George Bernard Shaw 

15. If I own a large part of Scotland, I can turn the people off the land practically into the sea or across the sea. I can take women in child-bearing and throw them into the snow and leave them there. That has been done. I can do it for no better reason than I think it is better to shoot deer on the land than allow people to live on it. - George Bernard Shaw 

16. Long before history began we men have got together apart from the women and done things. We had time. - C. S. Lewis 

17. There are so many men and women who hold no distinctive positions but whose contribution towards the development of society has been enormous. - Nelson Mandela 

18. Women should be obscene and not heard. - Groucho Marx 

19. Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot. - Groucho Marx 

20. A great city is that which has the greatest men and women. - Walt Whitman 

21. Over the years, I've interviewed thousands of people, most of them women, and I would say that the root of every dysfunction I've ever encountered, every problem, has been some sense of a lacking of self-value or of self-worth. - Oprah Winfrey 

22. If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically. - Jean-Paul Sartre 

23. I like my wine like my women - ready to pass out. - Robin Williams 

24. If women ran the world we wouldn't have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days. - Robin Williams 

25. Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't they'd be married too. - H. L. Mencken 

26. Men have a much better time of it than women. For one thing, they marry later; for another thing, they die earlier. - H. L. Mencken 

27. When women kiss it always reminds one of prize fighters shaking hands. - H. L. Mencken

 28. Love is an emotion that is based on an opinion of women that is impossible for those who have had any experience with them. - H. L. Mencken 

29. If women believed in their husbands they would be a good deal happier and also a good deal more foolish. - H. L. Mencken 

30. Women. They are a complete mystery. - Stephen Hawking 

31. In the past, there was active discrimination against women in science. That has now gone, and although there are residual effects, these are not enough to account for the small numbers of women, particularly in mathematics and physics. - Stephen Hawking 

32. While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve. I'm no better than anyone else at understanding what makes people tick, particularly women. - Stephen Hawking 

33. Men at most differ as Heaven and Earth, but women, worst and best, as Heaven and Hell. - Alfred Lord Tennyson 

34. All women have a perception much more developed than men. So all women somehow, being repressed for so many millennia, they ended up by developing this sixth sense and contemplation and love. And this is something that we have a hard time to accept as part of our society. - Paulo Coelho 

35. There are only two types of women - goddesses and doormats. - Pablo Picasso 

36. A man can be short and dumpy and getting bald but if he has fire, women will like him. - Mae West 

37. By improving health, empowering women, population growth comes down. - Bill Gates 

38. No matter how beautiful a woman might be, you're always threatened by certain... You're always threatened by other women, period. - Dolly Parton 

39. For some reason, I have better luck when I work with women. I guess I have a good sense of sisterhood. - Dolly Parton 

40. Living in America and, of course, just being women in general, we've got more strength than we think we do. - Dolly Parton 

41. There are certainly a lot of things that still need to change when it comes to women in the workforce. - Dolly Parton 

42. Few women, I fear, have had such reason as I have to think the long sad years of youth were worth living for the sake of middle age. - Dwight D. Eisenhower 

43. The basic Buddhist stand on the question of equality between the genders is age-old. At the highest tantric levels, at the highest esoteric level, you must respect women: every woman. - Dalai Lama 

44. Bankruptcy exposes the economic vulnerability and insecurity of middle class women. - Elizabeth Warren 

45. The women who file for bankruptcy played by all the rules, but they are still in economic freefall. - Elizabeth Warren 

46. For many women, the on-time payments of domestic support obligations are essential to economic survival. - Elizabeth Warren 

47. Most women file for bankruptcy in the aftermath of a serious medical problem, a job loss, or a family break up. It is hard to protect against those. - Elizabeth Warren 

48. Others have said it before me. If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu. And so it is important that we have women in the United States Senate - strong women, women who are there to help advance an agenda that is important to women. - Elizabeth Warren 

49. The big divide in this country is not between Democrats and Republicans, or women and men, but between talkers and doers. - Thomas Sowell 

50. Fashion is always of the time in which you live. It is not something standing alone. But the grand problem, the most important problem, is to rejuvenate women. To make women look young. Then their outlook changes. They feel more joyous. - Coco Chanel 

51. Women in particular need to keep an eye on their physical and mental health, because if we're scurrying to and from appointments and errands, we don't have a lot of time to take care of ourselves. We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own 'to do' list. - Michelle Obama 

52. I am an example of what is possible when girls from the very beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity. - Michelle Obama 

53. When I get up and work out, I'm working out just as much for my girls as I am for me, because I want them to see a mother who loves them dearly, who invests in them, but who also invests in herself. It's just as much about letting them know as young women that it is okay to put yourself a little higher on your priority list. - Michelle Obama 

54. I always say that women should wear whatever makes them feel good about themselves. That's what I always try to do. - Michelle Obama 

55. Let's be very clear: Strong men - men who are truly role models - don't need to put down women to make themselves feel powerful. People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together. - Michelle Obama 

56. I wake up every morning in a house that was built by slaves, and I watch my daughters - two beautiful, intelligent black young women - playing with their dogs on the White House lawn. And because of Hillary Clinton, my daughters, and all our sons and daughters, now take for granted that a woman can be president of the United States. - Michelle Obama 

57. Our love, our gratitude, our admiration for our men and women in uniform, our veterans and their families - all of that is bigger than any one party or any one election. - Michelle Obama 

58. When trouble breaks out, our men and women in uniform, they don't just sit around thinking about it or talking about it - they act. They put on that uniform. They leave their loved ones behind. They go out there. They give orders. They follow orders. They do whatever it takes to keep our country safe. - Michelle Obama 

59. We can't afford not to educate girls and give women the power and the access that they need. - Michelle Obama 

60. We as women, we have to understand that we know more, just even instinctively, than we think we do. - Michelle Obama 

61. As we've seen time and again, women and girls who are out there working, they are truly force multipliers, spreading opportunity through their families and communities - and not just by creating programs and nonprofit organizations, not just by hiring other women, but also by serving as role models themselves. - Michelle Obama

 62. I remember at the age of five travelling on a trolley car with my mother past a group of women on a picket line at a textile plant, seeing them being viciously beaten by security people. So that kind of thing stayed with me. - Noam Chomsky 

63. The three great problems of this century; the degradation of man in the proletariat, the subjection of women through hunger, the atrophy of the child by darkness. - Victor Hugo 

64. We say that slavery has vanished from European civilization, but this is not true. Slavery still exists, but now it applies only to women and its name is prostitution. - Victor Hugo 

65. In the public eye, girls and women with strong perspectives are hated. If you're a girl with an opinion, people just hate you. There are still people who are afraid of successful women, and that's so lame. - Billie Eilish 

66. To conclude that women are unfitted to the task of our historic society seems to me the equivalent of closing male eyes to female facts. - Lyndon B. Johnson 

67. I want to make a policy statement. I am unabashedly in favor of women. - Lyndon B. Johnson 

68. I don't eat with beautiful women alone. - Billy Graham 

69. Scripture is filled with examples of men and women whom God used late in life, often with great impact - men and women who refused to use old age as an excuse to ignore what God wanted them to do. - Billy Graham 

70. Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one. - W. C. Fields 

71. All the men in my family were bearded, and most of the women. - W. C. Fields 

72. At present, our country needs women's idealism and determination, perhaps more in politics than anywhere else. - Shirley Chisholm 

73. Women have learned to flex their political muscles. You got to flex that muscle to get what you want. - Shirley Chisholm 

74. Aviation, this young modern giant, exemplifies the possible relationship of women and the creations of science. Although women have not taken full advantage of its use and benefits, air travel is as available to them as to men. - Amelia Earhart 

75. The battle for women's rights has been largely won. - Margaret Thatcher 

76. There is no such thing as society: there are individual men and women, and there are families. - Margaret Thatcher 

77. A lot of females, they want to do the things that I do. Some females are so closed, but they want to be open. Some girls, they want to feel that power that I tell them that I have. I tell women that I have power over these men, that I use these men. - Cardi B 

78. The women that inspire me to be honest are the women that struggle. - Cardi B 

79. When women come up to me like, 'I am a freaking senator,' or, 'I'm a doctor,' it's like, 'Damn, y'all like me? I look up to y'all!' - Cardi B 

80. When I do music, I don't feel like it's competition. Then again, it kinda is, but I don't like thinking like that. And I don't understand why they do that to women and, especially, women in hip-hop. - Cardi B 

81. What counts the most for women is having the confidence to make your own money. - Cardi B 

82. Resolved, that the women of this nation in 1876, have greater cause for discontent, rebellion and revolution than the men of 1776. - Susan B. Anthony 

83. Men, their rights, and nothing more; women, their rights, and nothing less. - Susan B. Anthony 

84. I have encountered riotous mobs and have been hung in effigy, but my motto is: Men's rights are nothing more. Women's rights are nothing less. - Susan B. Anthony 

85. Oh, if I could but live another century and see the fruition of all the work for women! There is so much yet to be done. - Susan B. Anthony 

86. I shall earnestly and persistently continue to urge all women to the practical recognition of the old Revolutionary maxim. Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God. - Susan B. Anthony 

87. I do not consider divorce an evil by any means. It is just as much a refuge for women married to brutal men as Canada was to the slaves of brutal masters. - Susan B. Anthony 

88. The worst enemy women have is in the pulpit. - Susan B. Anthony 

89. I do not demand equal pay for any women save those who do equal work in value. Scorn to be coddled by your employers; make them understand that you are in their service as workers, not as women. - Susan B. Anthony 

90. You would better educate ten women into the practice of liberal principles than to organize a thousand on a platform of intolerance and bigotry. - Susan B. Anthony

 91. It is downright mockery to talk to women of their enjoyment of the blessings of liberty while they are denied the use of the only means of securing them provided by this democratic-republican government: the ballot. - Susan B. Anthony 

92. Marriage, to women as to men, must be a luxury, not a necessity; an incident of life, not all of it. - Susan B. Anthony 

93. If women will not accept marriage with subjection, nor men proffer it without, there is, there can be, no alternative. The women who will not be ruled must live without marriage. And during this transition period... single women make comfortable and attractive homes for themselves. - Susan B. Anthony 

94. The only question left to be settled now is: Are women persons? And I hardly believe any of our opponents will have the hardihood to say they are not. - Susan B. Anthony 

95. Being persons, then, women are citizens; and no state has a right to make any new law, or to enforce any old law, that shall abridge their privileges or immunities. - Susan B. Anthony 

96. To be born woman is to know - although they do not speak of it at school - women must labor to be beautiful. - William Butler Yeats 

97. It is not women's liberation, it is women's and men's liberation. - Ruth Bader Ginsburg 

98. Women will only have true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation. - Ruth Bader Ginsburg 

99. Reproductive choice has to be straightened out. There will never be a woman of means without choice anymore. That just seems to me so obvious. The states that changed their abortion laws before Roe are not going to change back. So we have a policy that only affects poor women, and it can never be otherwise. - Ruth Bader Ginsburg 

100. I was a proponent of the ERA. The women of my generation and my daughter's generation, they were very active in moving along the social change that would result in equal citizenship stature for men and women. - Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Post a Comment

0 Comments